The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, william somerville said:

They can get that to fcuk we are a non segretarian football team and the likes of that shuld be shown the door or if they have not let back in again. We are neither the two clowns from Glasgow and we shouldn't entertain their following.

I,d rather not see it at our games but Its a flag ffs

4 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, at a wee bit of a loss here. Linfield winning the Northern Irish league feels like a monied team winning one of our lower leagues. 

What is it exactly about David Healey’s tactics or style of play that you’re so happy about? 

It's better than the shite on McBookie. If it was one of the few that has bee cast up in the last few pages there would be next to no enthusiasm to attend matches. At least this guy has actually won something. 

42 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Clearly we had targets closer to home who've told us to bolt for whatever reason. 

It is an interesting proposition to raid the Irish league for targets. Will it be successful who knows but kudos for being bolder than just appointing some tried and failed diddy from Scottish football. 

Yep I would much rather we gambled on the likes of Healy or Clancy than resort to any of the currently unemployed managers in Scotland. 

I’m pretty excited at the prospect of Healy, not because I know much about his style of play or any of that, just that he isn’t one off of the Scottish merry go round. Hopefully his lack of knowledge of our division wouldn’t be too much of an issue given he will be working with Potter, Barrowman and hopefully Mickey too. On the flip side, he will be clued up on the up and coming talent from across the water which might come in handy for us somewhere down the road…

Don't want to piss on anyone's cornflakes but Ian Murray also played for Sevco.

Healy excites me. Turns down PNE an now has agreed terms with us. Must have something if an English Championship team approached him.

He has a proven track record in managing a senior team and will have knowledge of the best players in their league, players that will enhance our squad.

There's also the possibility that other people we have approached but their board have said that we can't approach them.

We're also in talks with the Cork City manager Tim Clancy apparently, another unknown. His record isn't that great tbh and Cork aren't exactly world beaters, in fact they aren't exactly Irish beaters. We let go 2 players who are in the division above, so the standard isn't great. Would be disappointed if we end up with him.

Edited by MICMAC
Being a fud

21 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Don't want to piss on anyone's cornflakes but Ian Murray also played for Sevco.

Healy excites me. Turns down PNE and now has agreed terms with us. Must have something if and English Championship team approached him.

He has a proven track record in managing a senior team and will have knowledge of the best players in their league, players that will enhance our squad.

There's also the fact that other people we have approached but their board have said that we can't approach them.

We're also in talks with the Cork City manager Tim Clancy apparently, another unknown. His record isn't that great tbh and Cork aren't exactly world beaters, in fact they aren't exactly Irish beaters. We let go 2 players who are in the division above, so the standard isn't great. Would be disappointed if we end up with him.

Screenshot_20240824-072728_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c331ef24a9f3e57c84094d6556a3cbed.jpg

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Courier is reporting that nothing has been agreed with Healy, so either they've got it wrong or Matthew Elder has. 

I certainly wouldn’t take anything the media says as fact until it’s posted by the club itself.  Think they have Fox getting the job last time and then Murray was announced.  Like others I’m more intrigued that we’re looking outside the usual names in different markets. Healy looks the most likely name we’ve seen linked but he could not be interested or we could fail to agree compensation with Linfield.  

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Screenshot_20240824-072728_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c331ef24a9f3e57c84094d6556a3cbed.jpg

Yes, the division below the premier league where Jamie Gullan and Scott McGill are bottom of the league with Dundalk. Cork City were relegated in 2023 to the 2nd tier. 

16 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Did Tim Clancy get bored of writing all of those US political espionage novels? Maybe he'll bring Ryan Jack with him to the club...😉

That's the very one, also wrote Meal Team Six

Picsart_24-08-24_08-43-09-409.jpg

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Matt Elder was very good when he was at the FFP. 

Yes but he moved over to the dark side, where you don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

21 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I genuinely do think the current lad at the press took the huff with us when we pumped his team (Motherwell) out the Scottish Cup a couple of seasons back. 

Elder was excellent when he covered us. 

The guy before the Motherwell fan was very bitter towards the Rovers after the courts threw out Hearts' attempts to void promotion and relegation in 2020. It was around that time that my subscription ran out and I never bothered to renew it.

8 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The guy before the Motherwell fan was very bitter towards the Rovers after the courts threw out Hearts' attempts to void promotion and relegation in 2020. It was around that time that my subscription ran out and I never bothered to renew it.

I'd forgotten about that. He was gleefully retweeting about how Hearts had been absolutely shafted only to painfully backtrack on it because he looked like a complete cretin.