The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I think we are looking in the wrong place for a manager. I heard Ted Lasso was available and interested. 

He’s managing Canada now.

29 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

If Healy doesn’t want the job he should just come out and say it and leave it that. I also said this yesterday about what Linfield can potentially achieve. Every club in Europe wants to be involved in the money spinning Euro’s. Linfield can definitely achieve these aims. We won’t as it stands

Linfield, like most of our clubs aside from the OF nuggets, usually get too many qualifiers to get to the main show. Getting through them all isn't easy. 

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I think we are looking in the wrong place for a manager. I heard Ted Lasso was available and interested. 

Na, he's signed on for another year at AFC Richmond apparently 

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Linfield, like most of our clubs aside from the OF nuggets, usually get too many qualifiers to get to the main show. Getting through them all isn't easy. 

Na, he's signed on for another year at AFC Richmond apparently 

Exactly when we legitimately won the League Cup we had 2 tricky ties to even get to the Euro’s proper. I’d love that again, as things stand I can’t see us there any time soon, oh and f**k the traitorous  OF

37 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

If Healy doesn’t want the job he should just come out and say it and leave it that. I also said this yesterday about what Linfield can potentially achieve. Every club in Europe wants to be involved in the money spinning Euro’s. Linfield can definitely achieve these aims. We won’t as it stands

Why? If he's not interested in the Raith job he'll be able to use Raith's interest to improve his next contract/salary, just like anyone else would in any other line of work. Raith fans' frustration because they don't have a manager is hardly his concern. 

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Why? If he's not interested in the Raith job he'll be able to use Raith's interest to improve his next contract/salary, just like anyone else would in any other line of work. Raith fans' frustration because they don't have a manager is hardly his concern. 

Yup very true, it is coming from a place of frustration if I’m honest. 

52 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What makes you so sure he wasn’t on our list 🤔

51 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Starting to lose patience with this ‘process’.

Barrowman has backed himself into a corner here and if we a) don’t have a new manager in charge with time for impact on Saturday or b) vastly improve things and have a genuine run at the title he should lose his job IMO.

Has he not got money invested in the project, and if so who's gonna buy him out

53 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Starting to lose patience with this ‘process’.

Barrowman has backed himself into a corner here and if we a) don’t have a new manager in charge with time for impact on Saturday or b) vastly improve things and have a genuine run at the title he should lose his job IMO.

This is where I am. Our season is on a knife edge just now when it didn’t need to be. Appoint someone decent in the next couple of days and it’ll all feel good again. If the process drags on another week and we don’t get a win against Livi, the knifes will be out!

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Has he not got money invested in the project, and if so who's gonna buy him out

No I don’t think so. I just think that Dean McKenzie brought him along as he’s worked with him at Kelty. I can’t see him ever binning his mate though which isn’t exactly great for business.

Chris Kane stopped at Harthill around the same time as our bus, he came out the pisser surrounded by Rovers fans and looked a wee bit lost. Had a quick chat with him, he was asking about Byrne's red card and how we played, begrudgingly wished him all the best for the season but did mention that I hope we make it 6 in a row next month, his response was "well I never played in any of the last 5" 

Seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke. 

Barrowman is doing fine. We've been unfortunate in that a few candidates have opted to remain where they are. We've at bare minimum turned the head of a manager who is in charge of a team who play in the opening stages of Europe most seasons and who has won multiple titles and cups, while also having experience at the top level of football. 

Our CEO has presided over a period of growth at the club both in terms of season tickets, crowds and has overseen our highest placed league position in years. Time will tell what the financials are like, but generally speaking if you'd asked before a ball was kicked how we were doing everyone would've said we were fine, although you'd be hoping for an uptick in performances.  

People are assuming that things would have been better with Murray still in charge, and that the boards decision to sack him is the reason behind a tricky start to the season.  

Just now, CALDERON said:

People are assuming that things would have been better with Murray still in charge, and that the boards decision to sack him is the reason behind a tricky start to the season.  

It's an unanswerable question would Murray have turned it around? We'll never know.

What it has done though is started to pile pressure onto the club. Another couple of weeks without an appointment and it'll be toxic and not just on here. 

Keep the faith and trust the board has an expiry date.

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Agreed. While I'm not thrilled at the length of time it's taking to get someone in, I'm fairly confident we'd be no better off points wise if Murray was still in charge. 

You would've thought that if the Board/Barrowman wasn't happy with performances (this after giving him a 3 year extension), then they surely had to ask what the problem was and what they needed to do to improve things, or did they after the wheels started coming off not long after, did Murray identify the potential signings and then Potter went out and got them, bad performances aside I just dont understand why he got sacked with such haste with nothing in the pipeline to replace him......... there has to be more to it than what's been said

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You would've thought that if the Board/Barrowman wasn't happy with performances (this after giving him a 3 year extension), then they surely had to ask what the problem was and what they needed to do to improve things, or did they after the wheels started coming off not long after, did Murray identify the potential signings and then Potter went out and got them, bad performances aside I just dont understand why he got sacked with such haste with nothing in the pipeline to replace him......... there has to be more to it than what's been said

We've interviewed at least 3 managers who opted to stay where they were. It's clear that we've had a shortlist of candidates but then had to branch out. That's still an improvement on getting to a Liam Fox, Billy Dodds or Neil McCann and going "well, we'll take you off the merry-go-round for 5 months". 

If Healy comes in, he's at least got the track record of winning things even if people maybe don't rate the quality of the league. Much in the same if we offer the job to Clancy of Cork who has them comfortably top of the second tier in Ireland. 

Just on the subject of Healy, this is an interesting piece, albeit from season 21/22

Despite securing a fourth consecutive title at the end of the 2021–22 season, Healy stated that he had "never quite won the supporters over" and that online abuse was starting to affect his family.[72][73] He was named as Manager of the Year for the fourth time at the annual Northern Ireland Football Awards.[74]