The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Kooz92 said:

I'd heard that the plan was to move the current hospitality downstairs into a refurbished area and use what is currently used for hospitality in the Main Stand as the location for the Sports Bar. I also heard that the plan was for that bar to be accessible via Membership as well.

The minute you mention membership it's  definitely a no for me and probably the majority of others who haven't already put money into the McMillen or 200 club. For me a decent size bar should never be membership. 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I haven’t seen any names with merit. 

Some assistant managers and someone who hasn’t won the league with Linfield for the last two seasons. 

So who can the Rovers approach with a “meritorious CV” and expect any real chance of getting? This job is a stepping stone for someone. A job with decent backing, solid support and a good setup that would allow a manager to become a hot commodity for a top six job in short order if he did well.

With that in mind, a couple of assistants and an Irish league guy all seem pretty decent ideas, versus the “usual suspects”.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

So who can the Rovers approach with a “meritorious CV” and expect any real chance of getting? This job is a stepping stone for someone. A job with decent backing, solid support and a good setup that would allow a manager to become a hot commodity for a top six job in short order if he did well.

With that in mind, a couple of assistants and an Irish league guy all seem pretty decent ideas, versus the “usual suspects”.

i posted this earlier but tim clancey of cork fc would be a decent bet for your scenario

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Unfortunately, this is the question the club seem to be asking themselves too!

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

i posted this earlier but tim clancey of cork fc would be a decent bet for your scenario

I don’t think Clancy’s record is anywhere near as impressive as Healy’s. Looking at his career, it’s been more about keeping clubs up with small budgets rather than getting them promoted. Cork City, where he’s at just now, got relegated from the top flight, Clancy came in to try and get them promoted and failed. 

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t think Clancy’s record is anywhere near as impressive as Healy’s. Looking at his career, it’s been more about keeping clubs up with small budgets rather than getting them promoted. Cork City, where he’s at just now, got relegated from the top flight, Clancy came in to try and get them promoted and failed. 

they are way ahead in the league so i think you may be wrong on that

Just now, Jilted John said:

I was talking about last season 

fair enough but this season they are streets ahead of all others so as i posted he could be a good bet and i think i read somewhere where he states he would jump at the chance to manage the rovers

Clancy has about a 49% win ratio over his career, three clubs in Ireland, Drogheda, St. Pats and now Cork. Not too bad for a 40 year old who probably has no budget to play with.

Its clear we're looking at coaches/managers who will have contacts in other markets. Murray and Potter really only have Scotland to lean into and look for talent

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Clancy has about a 49% win ratio over his career, three clubs in Ireland, Drogheda, St. Pats and now Cork. Not too bad for a 40 year old who probably has no budget to play with.

Its clear we're looking at coaches/managers who will have contacts in other markets. Murray and Potter really only have Scotland to lean into and look for talent

so wouldnt you think he meets our criteria  and heres a link to help you decide  https://www.google.com/search?q=cork+city+table+position&oq=cork+city+table++position&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMggIAxAAGBYYHjINCAQQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAUQABiGAxiABBiKBTIKCAYQABiABBiiBDIKCAcQABiABBiiBDIKCAgQABiABBiiBNIBCTMyMDI4ajBqN6gCCLACAQ&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Varna Rover

7 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

so wouldnt you think he meets our criteria

Personally no… it would be a massively left field appointment and comes with a larger element of risk than I think is worth taking. We need someone who’s used to winning this league or other similar achievements.

Edited by Jilted John

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Personally no… it would be a massively left field appointment and comes with a larger element of risk than I think is worth taking. We need someone who’s used to winning this league or other similar achievements.

we must agree to disagree then but i do respect your opinion

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

There's no-one like that out there. Pretty sure this will not be an appointment off the merry-go-round.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

There's no-one like that out there. Pretty sure this will not be an appointment off the merry-go-round.

so do you agree with me he has possibilities

2 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

We get it, they're top of the Irish Sunday pub league 😂

another idiot who like to poke fun at people. if you have nothing sensible to post just keep quiet

You will need to put a decent contract in place to tempt guys to uproot from Ireland, while still paying compensation to Ian Murray.

I suspect your new manager may come from closer to home.

Gary Naysmith?

47 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Erm, sorry to burst yer bubble. But his Cork City are currently 16 points clear of their nearest rivals. CC were relegated last season and now blowing every team out of the water in the league below and heading to win the title with ease. Hardly a failure. The truth is, any potential manager worth their salt will sound out Ian Murray about what they’ll expect. Barrowman and Potter are in complete control, and any manager that deigns to interfere or criticise will be out. 

Not that bothered about taking time to get in a decent manager and while Healy would have been interesting, he wasn’t so impressive that equal or better can’t be found. The problem is more about how this whole shit show reflects on the Board. They’ve been phenomenal up until to now but sacking Murray when they did and then their recruitment getting this messy isn’t a great look. It is very on brand for Rovers though. Great season. Optimism high. Shoot ourselves in the foot. 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

FFS, the amount of panty pishing and weird theories flying around is absurd, is it really gonna take me trying to be a rational voice?

The BoD and Barrowman/Potter likely made the choice to oust IM as a whole. The acknowledged targets so far have been names with merit. Barrowman likely did a disservice by being optimist in his first interview about a swift appointment, but anyone who thinks it would be better to get a body in at Manager NOW versus getting a good choice in LATER is seriously deluded.

Despite all the moist underwear around here, it is absolutely correct to take the time to do this right. Does this risk a poor start to the season, yes, but last season we started strong and stumbled to the end and nearly made it anyway, so it’s not the end of the world. So far we have three points from three games against what was adjudged to be three of the strongest competitors this season. If we win the next game, we’d be at six points from four matches, and on course for a total that makes the playoffs. Meanwhile, if we lose it, we’re on course for the trapdoor playoff, so that’s how little the early going can matter.

Get a f**king grip people! Patience, let the process play out. Once we have a result, and we can hear what actually occurred, we can do a postmortem/assign blame as necessary. Until then, change your nappies and calm doon.

This might not be utter pish if your board had announced there would a planned process taking over a month and asked for fan patience.

You have clearly been turned down your preferred candidate weeks ago and someone else today.

There is no process, you are bumbling from one candidate to the next.