The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can we start to ask questions about the fitness of players and management of  injuries now? 

Scott Brown came out at half tome and he did not sound convincing at all that he'll be back any time soon. 

Stanton? Nothing mentioned the same with Freeman. 

Fordyce took a sore one in the opening day but that was a month ago. 

Murray pulled up today so who knows. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Can we start to ask questions about the fitness of players and management of  injuries now? 

Scott Brown came out at half tome and he did not sound convincing at all that he'll be back any time soon. 

Stanton? Nothing mentioned the same with Freeman. 

Fordyce took a sore one in the opening day but that was a month ago. 

Murray pulled up today so who knows. 

Yep, think these questions need asked and answered, how the hell can players lose fitness between end of season and start of new  (4 bloody weeks). Were they all playing through injury from January ??? 

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Let’s just hope we can get to the Christmas/ new year transfer window without being out of sight in the league. 1 goal in 4 games ouch. 

And a feckin penalty at that ....... grim

Looks like I’ll be in the minority but I thought we were excellent today.

Livi are garbage, a couple of their players don’t resemble football players.

A tremendous bit of fight and spirit but just sucker punched at the end.

Im fine with Potter keeping things together for now. My issue is the squad.

It’s time for some real transparency, not sound bites. What’s happening with Stanton. Same with Freeman.

Lose the next match and were bottom of the league.

Just now, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It’s time for some real transparency, not sound bites. What’s happening with Stanton. Same with Freeman.

I hope they're not locked in the Millen cupboard including Brown, what I cant get over is they've known Hamilton was a busted flush and needed a replacement, never brought anyone in to replace Rudden, it's no wonder the goals have dried up

4 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I agree with this we were probably the best we've played this season, however we still struggle to fond that spark in front of goal. 

The 3 at the back was very good and countered those giants that Livingston have. 

As soon as Murray went off I was worried because we had no replacement and ended up woth Liam Dick on the right side, Livingston started to get a bit of joy after that. 

7 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I agree, Meadowbank were f**king rubbish. And yet we lost AGAIN. We have nothing, absolutely NOTHING up front. 

4 or 5 x 1st team starters missing, injured and another lost to injury during the game. As mentioned, Broony didn't sound like a player who'll be back soon and whilst Fordyce, Byrne and Brown were visible, Stanton was not. I'm not one for conspiracies but I fear something's not right behind the scenes.

Good performance I thought. Didn't deserve to lose, or win. Vaughan against the post was as troubled as they got, and it's not enough. 

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Probably most likely injured as he can’t be transferred now as the window is shut unless he’s loaned to a L1 side 

Can be loaned to any SPFL side. Never sure where this "can only loan to leagues below" stuff came from but it's repeated often. Championship, League One and League Two teams can make "temporary transfers" as long as they don't break regulation 57 which is about one per team from the same division and total number if of loanees?

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

4 or 5 x 1st team starters missing, injured and another lost to injury during the game. As mentioned, Broony didn't sound like a player who'll be back soon and whilst Fordyce, Byrne and Brown were visible, Stanton was not. I'm not one for conspiracies but I fear something's not right behind the scenes.

Good performance I thought. Didn't deserve to lose, or win. Vaughan against the post was as troubled as they got, and it's not enough. 

I fear Stanton will be a passenger until we can sell him at the next transfer window. Until this team get some balls we’re gonna struggle. The truth hurts me too. 

26 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I thought we played well too. We looked very good at the back, Smith looked really sharp up front. Sadly we didn’t have enough quality in the middle of the park to make the real difference which isn’t surprising given that Byrne, Brown and Stanton were all missing.

Unbelievable that Rovers lost that match there. 

Can we talk about the Goalkeeper? The build up to their goal again came from his inability to just kick a ball up the park! Ridiculous. Second week in a row. 

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Their keeper made 2 great point blank saves as well. His hands will be stinging for a couple of days.

We're hitting the target but just not going in. Smith will sleep well tonight as he did a power of running. Jamieson didn't get the service he needed, whilst Liam Dick was my MoM. We didn't deserve to lose and I thought if anybody was going to win it was going to be us.

4 minutes ago, ganainm85 said:

Unbelievable that Rovers lost that match there. 

Can we talk about the Goalkeeper? The build up to their goal again came from his inability to just kick a ball up the park! Ridiculous. Second week in a row. 

That's the life of a keeper though. He made a couple of excellent saves but a goalies mistakes are always amplified.