Who's Going To Uni?

A uni recruitment fair?

They're OK, but can sometimes just turn into a "oohh, look at us with our fancy buildings and great students" kind of thing.

No, an actual career one, with companies and jobs! Im absolutely fed up with uni life, and I want to be free. So I've typed up my cv, and am going to look and see if there are any decent jobs out there. No more uni life for me. Hopefully.

Dunc, or other Stirling peeps, how long does the train take to get to Edinburgh? And are they regular? I think I'm going to be a sad act and head back to Kirkcaldy for our match with Inverness. No classes on Wednesday, so I'll probably just stay the night at home. We better fucking win, I'm missing out on a night on the piss!

I couldn't tell you how long the train takes to get back to KDY, but I'm driving back tomorrow afternoon/evening if you want a lift. I won't be going straight to the game from Stirling, but it's no problem to drop you at yours on the way back.

If you're finishing at 4, I could pick you up outside AKD at half past.

On the topic of fire alarms, there have been 8 or 9 in the 5 or 6 weeks ive been here, 5 of them in one night. No fires though strangely enough.

The fire brigade have also been called because some muppets were doing the bouncy in the lift and it stopped :lol:

Edit: It just went off again, bloody students

Edited by Coooombe

I couldn't tell you how long the train takes to get back to KDY, but I'm driving back tomorrow afternoon/evening if you want a lift. I won't be going straight to the game from Stirling, but it's no problem to drop you at yours on the way back.

If you're finishing at 4, I could pick you up outside AKD at half past.

Awesome, I've dropped you a PM.

Edit - And we've only had two fire alarms, which were both planned drills. One was at 2am when we were just arriving back from a night out, the other one was at 7am the morning after my birthday night out. I'd only been in bed for about an hour and a half! Can't say I remember much about either of them.

Edited by Paco

Doing Politics at Edinburgh until last year, it was quite unusual to find someone who actually followed football (well, aside from "England" "Chelsea" "Arsenal" or "Man Utd"). In fact - in a significant number of tutorials, the number of exponents of cricket, polo and lacrosse would outstrip the beautiful game.

Then again it was often quite unusual to find someone who was actually from outside SE England :rolleyes: .

I get no football chat at all. From people in halls, lectures, tutorials, people I meet when out, it doesn't matter, nobody likes football. This may have something to do with the fact that 90% of the people I know here are female, but that's not the point. Anyone that I've spoke to that does 'support' a team has said Rangers/Liverpool/Man Utd etc. Boo. :(

I would echo these comments.

None of my friends in my statistics class like football. I have both male and female friends in the class, and I can't have a conversation with a single one of them about football.

There was a guy in my maths class last year who was a big Sunderland fan, and I could get some good football chat with him, but I don't do maths any more, so uni is now an official football free zone for me.

We've just had a fire alarm. Someone (not me before anyone suggests) decided that they'd put a ready meal into the microwave for 25 minutes "...as it said on the back of the box..". It really does make you wonder! :rolleyes:

Was it you who's in Alexander Court? My building's only had one, that was the 6 AM one in the rain. That was brutal. When I was in Geddes Court in 2005/6, we had about five or six in the early hours, and I didn't even complete the year.

Was it you who's in Alexander Court? My building's only had one, that was the 6 AM one in the rain. That was brutal. When I was in Geddes Court in 2005/6, we had about five or six in the early hours, and I didn't even complete the year.

Aye, I'm in Ally court. Yeah, the half six fire alarm was brutal...not as bad for me in comparison to one of my flatmates, who had a mate staying round and so was sleeping in the kitchen curled up on the chairs...he got to sleep at 6 in the morning to be woken up half an hour later. :lol:

I don't know how anyone can justify having a ST at Easter Road, period ;)

Well, you may have a point :lol: !! TBF in the past 5 years I've seen a League Cup victory, several European games, top 6 finishes (bar 1 season); which isn't too bad for circa £150 a season + £30 cup top-up. Better than Hearts...

Well, you may have a point :lol: !! TBF in the past 5 years I've seen a League Cup victory, several European games, top 6 finishes (bar 1 season); which isn't too bad for circa £150 a season + £30 cup top-up. Better than Hearts...

:lol:

No it fucking isn't, unless you're talking about the price (in which case, for certain areas of Tynecastle, you're still wrong).