Nom Nom Nom

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Tell me more about this deliveroo. Is it a website?

I ordered from Little Italy on the website, it's like Just Eat. Never arrived and got an email saying the restaurant was no longer using them. Good news is that the Tapas Bar by the castle is on the list now. Doubt they'll cycle to Dingwall though.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I ordered from Little Italy on the website, it's like Just Eat. Never arrived and got an email saying the restaurant was no longer using them. Good news is that the Tapas Bar by the castle is on the list now. Doubt they'll cycle to Dingwall though.

That place is good but always left hungry

When did they shut last tasca in Edinburgh, Bobby? That was a favourite of mine. Can almost taste the white wine sangria! 

Ages ago, although I think there's one in Leith somewhere unless that's closed as well. It's a genuine first world problem having to get my tapas fix at Cafe Andaluz instead, it's just not as good for me.

11 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Spaghetti carbonara. Fucked it up again with the egg beginning to scramble. I’ve mastered this dish once and will keep trying to repeat that magical night.

Don't use the white. Just yolk.  Low heat.

7 hours ago, Widge said:

Ages ago, although I think there's one in Leith somewhere unless that's closed as well. It's a genuine first world problem having to get my tapas fix at Cafe Andaluz instead, it's just not as good for me.

I know it's a chain but the food and the selection on the menu was really good imo. 

f**k making a variety of tapas dishes at home though. 1 or 2 perhaps but not the 5 or 6 you'd normally order in la tasca!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think so... Onion, garlic, butter, white wine and cream. I think thats pretty much mariniere is it?

Yip.  Back on the day I used to make them regularly, one of the few things I cooked.  Went off them years ago for some  reason though the wife still likes them.

Hopefully you had some nice bread so not to waste the lovely juice.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

The Mrs didnt want bread so I settled for some basic brown bread and lurpak. I would never dream of not having a bread mop with such a dish. Sacrilege IMO.

Don't forget the glass (bottle) of Marleborough Estates white wine.......

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No although I have seen it on various chinese takeaway menus. I have (rightly or wrongly) always just assumed that ordering such a dish from my local takeaway might be taking a major chance with my gastric wellbeing

I only had one bad experience when they forgot to scrub the shells but even then there was no gastric ill feeling just a few "bits" to pick out.

Lacks beans.

Choice of beans or mushrooms. Mushrooms win every day of the week.

Had a lot of breakfasts in a lot of cafes over the years, but I honestly think my local greasy spoon does the best fry up in Glasgow. All of that for four quid.