Nom Nom Nom

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think so... Onion, garlic, butter, white wine and cream. I think thats pretty much mariniere is it?

Yip.  Back on the day I used to make them regularly, one of the few things I cooked.  Went off them years ago for some  reason though the wife still likes them.

Hopefully you had some nice bread so not to waste the lovely juice.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

The Mrs didnt want bread so I settled for some basic brown bread and lurpak. I would never dream of not having a bread mop with such a dish. Sacrilege IMO.

Don't forget the glass (bottle) of Marleborough Estates white wine.......

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No although I have seen it on various chinese takeaway menus. I have (rightly or wrongly) always just assumed that ordering such a dish from my local takeaway might be taking a major chance with my gastric wellbeing

I only had one bad experience when they forgot to scrub the shells but even then there was no gastric ill feeling just a few "bits" to pick out.

Lacks beans.

Choice of beans or mushrooms. Mushrooms win every day of the week.

Had a lot of breakfasts in a lot of cafes over the years, but I honestly think my local greasy spoon does the best fry up in Glasgow. All of that for four quid.

That looks excellent, egg just right, I'd have had a tomato if it was an option. I'm gagging for a cooked breakfast now! You dick!

The egg was absolutely spot on, perfect for toasty dip dip [emoji23]

They normally do have tomatoes, but wasn't offered, so perhaps ran out. Always rammed on a Saturday morning, lucky to get a seat a lot of the time!