Nom Nom Nom

When i make Yorkshire puddings i use 300ml of milk, 4 eggs and 250 grams of sifted flour and a teaspoon full of English mustard and salt/pepper and i stick it in the oven at 250 degrees and put the mix  in an oven tray with the wee circle moulds in them with a little bit of oil and they expand and go brown within about 15 minutes. They are so simple to make but yet people still persevere with ones that they have bought from Farmfoods. 

Do you preheat the tray before adding the mixture?

Yeah, just a little bit of oil will do as well. Don’t fill the entire circular mound bit with the mix either otherwise the puddings will be too heavy.

Ok, so a drizzle of oil, pop tray in the oven to heat up for 10 mins, then fill 2/3rds with pudding mixture?
Never heard of adding English Mustard before, but makes sense.
Do you think a smooth Horseradish sauce would work equally as well?

Ok, so a drizzle of oil, pop tray in the oven to heat up for 10 mins, then fill 2/3rds with pudding mixture?
Never heard of adding English Mustard before, but makes sense.
Do you think a smooth Horseradish sauce would work equally as well?

I’d say that would be great and you can always experiment with with how much mix you add.

Horseradish sauce would be lovely I would imagine. I’m not even 100% sure the mustard adds that much to it but can you really go wrong with mustard for a Sunday roast?