Nom Nom Nom

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

RIP m9.

Hey, just you keep out of this , sonny.   I’m trying to kid on I’m a foodie here.  Don’t want to be found out that once upon a time I actually considered giving your suggested macaroni cheese with mince n tatties (minus the tatties) a go.  I’m moving in different circles now...

2 minutes ago, A96 said:

Hey, just you keep out of this , sonny.   I’m trying to kid on I’m a foodie here.  Don’t want to be found out that once upon a time I actually considered giving your suggested macaroni cheese with mince n tatties (minus the tatties) a go.  I’m moving in different circles now...

Did you follow through on the macaroni mince?

Because I’m sure tomorrow you’ll be following through after yon auld haddock.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did you follow through on the macaroni mince?

Because I’m sure tomorrow you’ll be following through after yon auld haddock.

No , I came to my senses before it was too late.  Leftover mince and tatties have to be converted into a Shepherds Pie. It’s the law.

22 minutes ago, A96 said:

No , I came to my senses before it was too late.  Leftover mince and tatties have to be converted into a Shepherds Pie. It’s the law.

Next time, ditch the spuds and combine the mince with a strong macaroni cheese. 

You won’t go back, trust me.

10 hours ago, ali_91 said:

That looks absolutely terrible, but looks like it tastes amazing. Recipe? 

Exactly as you say man. 

Brown whole chicken legs.

Throw 4 garlic cloves, two onions, 2 large mild chillis, 2 birdseye chillis, knob of ginger in a food processor and blitz.

Remove the chicken and fry all the veg until it's dried out, then add tumeric, garam masala, coriander seeds and another spice that I forget and toast. Add a wee bit of water if you need to to stop it sticking.

Stir in 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, cook out and add 1 box of passata.

Mix it all together, chicken back in and braise on as low heat as possible for 90 mins.

Add 200 mls of cream, a few chunks of butter off the heat, mix and add chopped coriander. Done 

That made enough sauce for 3/4 but we only used two chicken legs. 

Sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and honey is a damn good base for when I've made sticky BBQ ribs. Should work fine for chicken. Some spring onion, garlic, chilli and ginger in there as well.
Helpful

Jizz?
Not overly helpful. Does it still work if youv had the snip?

Where’s the veg?

f**k it. Calling you out on this. Veg is generally the worst part of a meal. That plate looks fuckin well decent. If veg wasn’t good for you, I would never eat it again (maybe apart from cauliflower cheese, corn on the cob, broccoli, tomatoes, turnip, onions, mushrooms, edemame beans, asparagus, beetroot and carrots. And peas.)