Nom Nom Nom

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

That bit of cake is the dug’s entire world in that photo. It’s thinking ‘gies a bit, gies a bit, gies a bit’ over and over again. 

Poor bugger. 

Cake looks good too. 

She had some pre icing when I trimmed the crusts off!

On 08/08/2023 at 02:46, Wardy said:

Home made pizza yesterday. Was pretty good. Maybe just have to cook the dough a wee bit before adding the toppings next time, but still tasty. 😀

2AE19FEA-ADEE-4A26-B0E4-54381ADFA824.jpeg

Did you use a pizza stone? A properly pre-heated pizza stone should solve your doughy issue.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

No, but I may invest in one for sure. 

Asda do a cooking/baking range called Scoville/neverstick.

The baking trays are heavy duty and retain heat similar to a pizza stone, I have used these and are quite good for cooking the base, I always use semolina floor scattered on the tray to ease turning.

Went to Hendersons in Edinburgh for a meal after a show last Sunday, my girlfriend is a veggie so we have accumulated a shit ton of vouchers for there in the last year through birthdays and christmas . It was surprisingly good. The starter I had was one of the nicest dishes Ive ever had, gnocchi with carrot puree and carrot top pesto, main course was nice, dessert was sensational, banana ice cream baked alaska with salted caramel. The cocktails were good too had a few Laphroig and fig and orange bitters cocktails.  We had 3 courses each and cocktails and it was only 130 quid.

Tldr its a nice place, I'd reccomend it.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

On 10/08/2023 at 14:12, Cosmic Joe said:

The humble chip buttie. Nicoll's roll, Kerrygold butter.. 

IMG_20230810_132518.thumb.jpg.128b33f6a192ccf6107f542204c2471c.jpg

Was going to green dot this then noticed there's nae butter on the top half. Did you run out?