Nom Nom Nom

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Opening the thread at this point, I'm not sure I want to click back to see what is on page 400. 

I'm genuinely unsure if you'll be disappointed or not.

Honey smoked salmon, beansprout and rocket omelette. 

Very tasty and once more a lot better than the photo looks.

2 eggs were used. The correct type of pan is very important, as I learned last week when I tried to make a different kind of omelette.

20200901_182753.thumb.jpg.e67e12193d74a6f81d23f9ba625fb9b7.jpg

How much did you buy and cost? 
I got 20 marinated fillets for £30 and black pudding which was around £1 a slice.
Potatoes and strawberries were good as well.
Fillets come in sealed bag x2 so perfect for freezing.

Could go daft tbh they do everything.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I got 20 marinated fillets for £30 and black pudding which was around £1 a slice.
Potatoes and strawberries were good as well.
Fillets come in sealed bag x2 so perfect for freezing.

Could go daft tbh they do everything.

Cheers, I'll have a look. My chicken man is becoming less and less reliable. 

Roasted red pepper pasta. Was following an American recipe, so it had ludicrous measurements like 'cup', which translate poorly even when converted.

20200902_184239.thumb.jpg.79bbf2fd7e45cbd890497920558909bd.jpg

20200902_185421.thumb.jpg.d4631d9eb4181288d50dd2818976bfa9.jpg

It's not bad. Too much cream was used but the flavour is pretty decent.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Roasted red pepper pasta. Was following an American recipe, so it had ludicrous measurements like 'cup', which translate poorly even when converted.

20200902_184239.thumb.jpg.79bbf2fd7e45cbd890497920558909bd.jpg

20200902_185421.thumb.jpg.d4631d9eb4181288d50dd2818976bfa9.jpg

It's not bad. Too much cream was used but the flavour is pretty decent.

You used cr....?!? Never mind. 

Looks good. Love roasted pepper flavour.

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You used cr....?!? Never mind. 

Looks good. Love roasted pepper flavour.

Too much cream! I used less than the recipe said and even then that was too much. I suspect that the cream could have been dumped totally.

The base of the sauce was good. Was some onion and garlic fried in olive oil and butter with the roasted red peppers (from a jar, drained then chopped) fired in. After a few minutes that was transferred to a blender and whizzed to f**k. Back in the pan and vegetable stock was added along with fresh parsley. I didn't have fresh basil so added some from a herb jar. Salt and pepper as well of course!

I think it would have been better had I just gradually added some of the pasta water in place of the cream.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Too much cream! I used less than the recipe said and even then that was too much. I suspect that the cream could have been dumped totally.

The base of the sauce was good. Was some onion and garlic fried in olive oil and butter with the roasted red peppers (from a jar, drained then chopped) fired in. After a few minutes that was transferred to a blender and whizzed to f**k. Back in the pan and vegetable stock was added along with fresh parsley. I didn't have fresh basil so added some from a herb jar. Salt and pepper as well of course!

I think it would have been better had I just gradually added some of the pasta water in place of the cream.

You're probably right Gennaro. Every day's a school day. Sounds well tasty though.

Better off getting a bone marrow burger from Morrisons & doing it yourself. Five Guys is overpriced pish.
Along with Macchiato, TikTok, football 'kits' and man buns, Five Guys is everything that is wrong with the world. In what world should fast food burgers cost 35 quid.