Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, was in a takeaway and even though they weren't being aggressive they were just talking utter shite and making utter tits of themselves. In general I can't stand pissheads, especially folk who do become aggressive. It's not the booze that annoys me, it's more to do with folk who must know they become an utter c u n t when drunk continuing to drink and not care. If I acted like a total dickhead with drink I'd like to think I'm the type of person who wouldn't drink again.

In my younger days it was a badge of pride that you could hold your drink after 10 pints rather than behave like an arsehole after 3. These days are sadly gone though, exacerbated by the cheap price of class A drugs.

In my younger days it was a badge of pride that you could hold your drink after 10 pints rather than behave like an arsehole after 3. These days are sadly gone though, exacerbated by the cheap price of class A drugs.

That could very well be it. Maybe the booze isn't the real evil. I used to play football with a couple of boys who were pretty quiet until the weekend when they would go on booze and eccy filled binges and turn into complete arseholes. I'm a live and let live kind of person, but if you want to act like a tosser stay away from other humans :lol:

Vast majority of people are well behaved and jovial with a drink in them id say, arseholes can't ruin it for the majority

Eta: and I'd have a guess that most people at some point in their lives have acted like an arsehole with a drink in them even if it's not usually what they're likw

I had a really long post and I couldn't decide whether to post it in the depression thread or the relationship advise thread, but I've decided to not post it in either, or to post it at all. Reading it made me realise I might actually be part the problem and I really need to take whatever steps I have to in getting that sorted. I'm really fucking devastated though and I feel like this has just happened

broken-heart-o.gif

8 minutes ago, Smurph said:

I had a really long post and I couldn't decide whether to post it in the depression thread or the relationship advise thread, but I've decided to not post it in either, or to post it at all. Reading it made me realise I might actually be part the problem and I really need to take whatever steps I have to in getting that sorted. I'm really fucking devastated though and I feel like this has just happened

broken-heart-o.gif

Bitches ain't shit. Chin up son.

I went into the wrong car yesterday as an unlocked car of the same model and colour was parked two down. This was as a passenger so only clicked once I popped my head in to see a lack of friend sitting there. Thankfully nobody else was in... or children. That would have been fun explaining it to the police that I wasn't a, erm... 'large wild animal' (who'd just bought a bag of Haribo Tangfastics amongst other things).

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I went into the wrong car yesterday as an unlocked car of the same model and colour was parked two down. This was as a passenger so only clicked once I popped my head in to see a lack of friend sitting there. Thankfully nobody else was in... or children. That would have been fun explaining it to the police that I wasn't a, erm... 'large wild animal' (who'd just bought a bag of Haribo Tangfastics amongst other things).

:lol:

years back I bought a black car. Was parked next to another black car whilst the wife had nipped into a shop. Had the kids in the back seat when the passenger door opened and a strange woman got in and sat down. She started talking about something in the shops for about 10 seconds before my daughter asked her who she was. Much hilarity ensued as she quickly realised her mistake. I could see her hubby in the car in front laughing at her.

41 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Do you live on Coronation Street?

That chimney stack is definitely in need of repair.  Would you like me to quote you for it or will you wait until it crumbles and it will cost you three times as much to do it.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That chimney stack is definitely in need of repair.  Would you like me to quote you for it or will you wait until it crumbles and it will cost you three times as much to do it.

I have no trouble keeping my stack up thank you very much.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are you offering to point him up?

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I have no trouble keeping my stack up thank you very much.

Fair enough but since I have brought this to your attention you will not be able to escape liability if the thing collapses, hits someone on the head and kills them.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair enough but since I have brought this to your attention you will not be able to escape liability if the thing collapses, hits someone on the head and kills them.

You get awfully serious sometimes Granny. I know you'd find it hard to believe that I hold down a job but I spend half my life sorting out roof repairs etc. This is one of Edinburgh's less perilous ones! The old buildings are all a mess and since the council repairs team were caught with their hands in the till the old tenements and colonies are in a shocking state.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You get awfully serious sometimes Granny. I know you'd find it hard to believe that I hold down a job but I spend half my life sorting out roof repairs etc. This is one of Edinburgh's less perilous ones! The old buildings are all a mess and since the council repairs team were caught with their hands in the till the old tenements and colonies are in a shocking state.

I wasn't being serious at all; I thought you would get that!  I know nothing about roof repairs and was simply winding you up.  Successfully it would seem.  :lol:

And yes, I find it hard to believe that you hold down a job.  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wasn't being serious at all; I thought you would get that!  I know nothing about roof repairs and was simply winding you up.  Successfully it would seem.  :lol:

And yes, I find it hard to believe that you hold down a job.  :rolleyes:

I suppose all those years cleaning chimneys as a nipper had put you off them for life!

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Do you work as a roofer or do you mean you do admin work for a roofing company?

I run a company that does all sorts of property stuff. Very unexciting. As summer jobs I used to do the sort of stuff you've been doing. If you've seen my loafers you'd know I'm not cut out for staggering about on rooftops.