Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I didn't go into a wetherspoons today! One was at the Countjng House in Glasgow and I was about 19 and having a fun weekend and went in there for about lunch time and just stayed there all day and lots of my friends came and went but I remained there for a solid 12 hours before going to a club. At one point I spilled a drink on myself and rather than going home to get changed I went to the nearby clothes shop cult and bought a new t shirt and binned the dirty one. The other day was at the one out in Anniesland which I was there just before a mad holiday in Ibiza at the end of an amazing summer, was just a glorious and exciting Sunday session and I ended up pulling some absolute slag. Such amazing memories for me and this is why I get defensive when people say Wetherspoons are shit.

So one of your top 20 days ever you effectively sat on your own all day in a wetherspoons pub, even after getting yourself covered in drink and another of your top 20 best days ever was when you sat in a wetherspoons until pulling a smashed reeker. I can only assume the day you bought the spice rack is straight in the top 5! [emoji12]

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I just can't be bothered anymore - an entire day in the pub just doesn't appeal to me anymore sadly.

I'm in my 40s now and love spending time in pubs. But I'm just not up to it anymore. I get pissed pretty quickly and don't remember going home half the time. My hangovers are far more severe these days too.

Middle age has been pretty shite so far TBH.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Knightswood bear is just a middle aged snob. Having fun depends on who you are with rather than what Establishment you are in. I also have great memories of the Crystal Palace from times I went there off my chops for a few prinks before a mad one in the Arches.

Less of the middle aged, ya spoons dwelling c**t. 

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Knightswood bear is just a middle aged class snob. Having fun depends on who you are with rather than what Establishment you are in. I also have great memories of the Crystal Palace from times I went there off my chops for a few prinks before a mad one in the Arches.