Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

17 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Lowcoste 

When La Coste were the in thing for kids. My boy had a terrible habit of pronouncing it as Low cost. I was paying about 50 quid a month the rate he went through them at. It broke my heart every time I heard him say it.

Saw a job going on Stornoway that's kinda similar to mine but less pay and a lot less responsibilities but, on the other hand, it gets me outta London and somewhere new. Only drawbacks I can see would be the lack of fried chicken shops open at 4AM when drunk, mental Christians, not being able to buy booze 24/7/365 and relocation costs.

Don't do it man.

4 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Had a meeting at work today to discuss returning after Maternity. :( Going back end of March for one day a week initially :thumsup2

A colleague asked me recently if I'd be taking my fortnight's summer holiday concurrently with my 2 week paternity leave. I told them honestly that if I was off for a whole month I'd never return. f**k knows how you'll manage going back after a year or so. I'd have completely lost the ability to give a shite about work. I worked from home for 6 months when my wife was pregnant with our first kid. Going back to working in an office again after that was murder, though the routine was nice I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

A colleague asked me recently if I'd be taking my fortnight's summer holiday concurrently with my 2 week paternity leave. I told them honestly that if I was off for a whole month I'd never return. f**k knows how you'll manage going back after a year or so. I'd have completely lost the ability to give a shite about work. I worked from home for 6 months when my wife was pregnant with our first kid. Going back to working in an office again after that was murder, though the routine was nice I suppose.

I am "kinda" looking forward to it. Meeting other mums and children is nice but it can be fucking boring. All they talk about is their children, which I don't give a shit about. At least at work I can talk about normal every day things. 

I don't know when I'll go back full time, maybe when the wee one leaves home or when Ruggy tells me :lol:

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I am "kinda" looking forward to it. Meeting other mums and children is nice but it can be fucking boring. All they talk about is their children, which I don't give a shit about. At least at work I can talk about normal every day things. 

I don't know when I'll go back full time, maybe when the wee one leaves home or when Ruggy tells me :lol:

I enjoyed the novelty of oing to toddler groups and all that at first, but it did wear thin quickly. It's as though being a parent is literally the only part of some folks' lives and therefore the only topic of conversation they have.

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Take your baby to work, everybody is desperate to look at it and listen to it squealing. Even if I have to keep working, I don't mind all the women cooing over it and asking who it fucking looks like.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Take your baby to work, everybody is desperate to look at it and listen to it squealing. Even if I have to keep working, I don't mind all the women cooing over it and asking who it fucking looks like.

Don't worry Sarge! I did that today. The first time I brought her into work one of the guys (child hater) said he'd preferred it if she was a dog. :( Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Don't worry Sarge! I did that today. The first time I brought her into work one of the guys (child hater) said he'd preferred it if she was a dog. :( Thanks. 

http://healthland.time.com/2011/09/13/why-do-dads-have-lower-levels-of-testosterone/

I've found that as my kid has grown any interest in coo-ing over folks' kids has waned. When men are actively looking after young kids they pretty much become women then return to normal (ie the bloke who would prefer a dog) as kids grow.