Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

There was yet another medical study out the other week regarding food and drink which said that 3 cups of coffee a day helps to extend your life. Cue another study in a few weeks saying that any more than 1 cup per day will kill you to death.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/life/07/10/17/3-cups-of-coffee-a-day-keep-the-doctor-away-studies-say

I liked the results of this NASA study on caffeine's effect on Spiders:

481171_144914898996681_1672731324_n.jpeg

When I was a student I working in a cafe, one that took coffee pretty seriously. Biggest perk of the job is we were pretty much allowed to drink as much coffee as we wanted. I drank a lot more back then than I do now but I still don't think I was quite at your level Shandon.

One thing I cannot do, for whatever reason, is mix coffee with alcohol. Brandy coffees are out of the question for me, same with pretty much any caffeine based drink with booze. Couldn't do Jaegerbombs for example. Can manage a rum and coke buy anything with more caffeine than a small glass of coke and it makes me feel horrendous.

20 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I've never tried cutting down coffee. My newest espresso pot makes six shots at once and I'll do at least two or three pots before leaving the house then a couple of large cafetieres at work. If I go to the gym I'll neck cold coffees too. You can fit so much into the day and only need a minimal amount of sleep. 

Coffee is shite. I drink precisely zero each day. I think I last had a coffee in 1996. 

Tea is also shite. Last had in about 1997. Hated it. Don't touch the stuff either.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I cannot drink coffee, it goes right through me and makes me feel Ill. I can't even stand the smell of it.

Strangely, despite not liking coffee at all, I do like the smell. Fresh coffee beans smell delightful.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

When I was a student I working in a cafe, one that took coffee pretty seriously. Biggest perk of the job is we were pretty much allowed to drink as much coffee as we wanted. I drank a lot more back then than I do now but I still don't think I was quite at your level Shandon.

One thing I cannot do, for whatever reason, is mix coffee with alcohol. Brandy coffees are out of the question for me, same with pretty much any caffeine based drink with booze. Couldn't do Jaegerbombs for example. Can manage a rum and coke buy anything with more caffeine than a small glass of coke and it makes me feel horrendous.

Maybe you could train yourself? Try an affogato. A scoop of ice cream, chuck a shot of espresso over it and a shot of your favourite spirit/liquer. 

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Coffee is fucking rank. Drink tea and have a word with yourselves, FFS.

Drink neither. They're both shite and both need to get to f**k.

It's weird that for such a racist country the UK is so obsessed with tea (imported culture from China) and coffee (imported Arabic culture from Turkey).

It's weird that for such a racist country the UK is so obsessed with tea (imported culture from China) and coffee (imported Arabic culture from Turkey).

I'm not racist, some of my best friends are coffee/tea drinkers.

No wonder you like Tony fucking Blair with disgusting views like that.

I don't mind tea, I have a cup or two a day, but coffee is considerably better. More versatile, tastes better, smells better, contains more caffeine, drank by cooler people and it's just generally better.

Tea is also shite. Last had in about 1997. Hated it. Don't touch the stuff either.

Except at Firhill a few years ago!