Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Jimmy can we see a picture of the front of your house please? Given your constant anger, and the seemingly idyllic setting in which you live, one must assume that the front looks like Aleppo

You're confusing anger with brutal honesty. 

22 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Genuinely saw a sign today warning of giant hogweed.

Giant hogweed can burn the skin and leave it blistered/ sensitive to sunlight.

Actually thought it was a decent post. I'd never heard of hogweed before.

Maybe because I'm a country lad, I thought everyone knew that. I was warned as a youngster that touching Giant Hogweed could cause - mild skin irritation, rash, kidney failure, blindness, bad aids & a Tory government.
Obviously these warnings haven't been passed on.

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

It is on a bus route actually.  Got its own wee shelter and everything:

Bus_stop.JPG.2fdfda8597b81b3989e3082c91219d3b.JPG

:lol:

How the f**k did you figure that out? 

Its not on a bus route anymore though. Service that served the villiage was pulled a while back. Only a school bus passes through now. 

Cheese and pickle sandwiches are tasty but for a wee change try a nice sliced strong Cheddar on white bread with strawberry jam. Also works well with raspberry jam.

Once you have mastered the cheese/jam ratio the branston pickle jar will be consigned to the back of the cupboard.

And if you are a ham,cheese and pickle sandwich person get wacky with ham, cheese and cranberry sauce. #Delicous

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cheese and pickle sandwiches are tasty but for a wee change try a nice sliced strong Cheddar on white bread with strawberry jam. 

Nope.  A slice or two of strong cheddar with marmalade is acceptable, though.

12 hours ago, deej said:

I finish Uni forever in a week. I have no idea what I want to do, or where I want to do it. 

Pfft..you've 44 years of working life ahead.  My 16 yo was moaning that he doesn't know what he wants to do at Uni nor which A Levels he should take.  My helpful response was along the lines of, "It doesn't actually matter that much, just study what enthralls you.  You've lots of years to get it right".

His maw is not impressed.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Pfft..you've 44 years of working life ahead.  My 16 yo was moaning that he doesn't know what he wants to do at Uni nor which A Levels he should take.  My helpful response was along the lines of, "It doesn't actually matter that much, just study what enthralls you.  You've lots of years to get it right".

His maw is not impressed.

Tell his maw to zip it. You're spot on there. I didn't settle on this career until I was 30. I don't think I even could have done it when I was younger. Let the boy enjoy what he does and make his own way. He'll be better for it in future. 

9 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Tell his maw to zip it. You're spot on there. I didn't settle on this career until I was 30. I don't think I even could have done it when I was younger. Let the boy enjoy what he does and make his own way. He'll be better for it in future. 

And you're still a young yin.  I bet between now and when you retire you'll have a career change.