Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Viking warriors caving monks skulls in for the absolute sheer love of it.  Great to see.

If you posted the link to the video we could all enjoy it.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Viking warriors caving monks skulls in for the absolute sheer love of it.  Great to see.

Seems unfair that IS get a bad name for those sort of japes. At least they post the videos though.

35 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Just found (and am drinking in) a pub called P&B!

ETA- they also sell Brewdog beer, which is pretty unusual here.

Bad points- the barkeep is a very tidy lady, but absolutely honking service. Bit like Div, I guess.

You've never seen Div, have you?

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, probably not.
I just witnessed a fine bit of Karma.
A bar I visit occasionally has a one metre hot-dog challenge. It's been running for approx 6 months and they have one "face" on the photo board.
Today, a rather plump, loud, belligerent arsehile decided he would take the challenge. I've never seen this attempted before, so was intrigued when the metre board was brought out, with the hot-dog split into sections, some parts had salad in them, other parts had chilli & cheese & nachos. Overall, it was a massive undertaking. One that our fat arsehole friend thought he was up to....to the point that he had all his mates & wife chanting "Carl! Carl!" With his fat face devouring the "dog", time limit is 20mins, he got down to three small sections around the 17 minute mark, at which point his wife got right in his face to shout encouragement. The karma part is, at that point, fatso puked all over his missus. Scenes ensued from me & my mate who had been looking on in bewilderment throughout.

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

And you're still a young yin.  I bet between now and when you retire you'll have a career change.

Well that was a while ago now. I was 30 when I started the access course. 

Re: your second sentence, I've been thinking about it :lol:

I was under the impression that legally your avatar had to be a picture of yourself tbh.  

I am well fucking deformed

3 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, probably not.
I just witnessed a fine bit of Karma.
A bar I visit occasionally has a one metre hot-dog challenge. It's been running for approx 6 months and they have one "face" on the photo board.
Today, a rather plump, loud, belligerent arsehile decided he would take the challenge. I've never seen this attempted before, so was intrigued when the metre board was brought out, with the hot-dog split into sections, some parts had salad in them, other parts had chilli & cheese & nachos. Overall, it was a massive undertaking. One that our fat arsehole friend thought he was up to....to the point that he had all his mates & wife chanting "Carl! Carl!" With his fat face devouring the "dog", time limit is 20mins, he got down to three small sections around the 17 minute mark, at which point his wife got right in his face to shout encouragement. The karma part is, at that point, fatso puked all over his missus. Scenes ensued from me & my mate who had been looking on in bewilderment throughout.

A decent story, but as usual my laughter was reserved for the word "arsehile", which I find far more funny than I should

7 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

A pizza place near us has a similar challenge which requires you to eat a mega pizza. From their website:

– This 20″ diameter pizza is very massive
– The depth of this pizza is over 3″ tall
– It is stuffed with meats, cheese, and vegetables
– It weighs in at around 14 pounds total

Last time we were in, I asked the waiter how many people had managed it. He just rolled his eyes and said "I don't think anyone's even tried it - it's fuckin' gross man."

(If you're planning on playing along at home; 14 pounds is 1 stone. I'd suggest you give other family members the opportunity to use the toilet beforehand.)

Edited by Shotgun