Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Been paying (slightly) over the odds in rent for my current place because it's so close to work and all the bills were included so was just easier for me. Was a private lease with a shitty landlord and done me fine. Dodgy fucker who wanted rent paid cash in hand every month. He decided to hand the management over to a letting agency at the start of the month and never told me. I got a call from the letting agent last Monday saying they had taken over and I either had til the end of the month to find a new place or sign a six month lease with them. So I had a look and saw a place literally five minutes down the road from me, same street an' all, for £100 pcm cheaper.

Phoned the wummin for a viewing that night and she agreed then cancelled and asked for it to be on the Wednesday. Wednesday during the day she asks if I can make it on Thursday and I said fine but she called me up about half an hour before the previous viewing was due asking me to make it the Wednesday after all but by then I was miles away. She cancelled on the Thursday and asked if it could be done on Monday.

So I phoned her up, explained the situation, and that if she wanted me to take the room it would need to be offered me on the Monday then and there if I liked it to give me time to move my stuff over before Wednesday. She agrees to this and says she wants someone in ASAP. All goes well on the Monday and she said she'd text me the details the next day. She never bothered.

She texts me now offering me the flat. I say sure but ask if she's free now. I can take the rest of the day off, pack everything, get a mate with a van and have it all moved in that evening before I leave for Scotland but only if it can be done, like, now. She says she's not home tonight so I say I can't take the flat and she's having a go at me for dicking her around.

She does have a big "Live, Laugh, Love" decal in her kitchen tho' so probably a lucky escape

Just saw this on Facebook

38135312_949132268604550_7255763006485692416_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=0%26efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9%26oh=3372d38257f7fc3e754e84bda368cd88%26oe=5BF58FBA&key=fb2c1f8f2a5d25856f5918ca65fa81bd33a2f2a92616c5ae4731b34c2eb81f57
Brought back memories of checking Ceefax on a Saturday morning to see if the Queens game had survived the frost. A simpler time
My dad to this day has the scores up on a Saturday afternoon from three till quarter to five. Not on Sky Sports News, on BBC's red button text service. Half expect Big Daddy or Saint and Greavsie to be on if I head over earlier.