Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 hours ago, MSU said:

My book now has a cover. A part of the story is called Things to do in Tesco When You’re Dead, set during the night shift, so it’s in keeping with the story. Should have a physical copy to proof read in the next ten days. 238 pages. £9 a pop over there. $11 over here. Ebook to come. Ridiculously excited. 

398D4D9C-DA3F-4508-AB5D-677AA0E26606.jpeg

Will you be signing any of them?

5 hours ago, Swarley said:
On 21/09/2018 at 15:07, MSU said:
My book now has a cover. A part of the story is called Things to do in Tesco When You’re Dead, set during the night shift, so it’s in keeping with the story. Should have a physical copy to proof read in the next ten days. 238 pages. £9 a pop over there. $11 over here. Ebook to come. Ridiculously excited. 
398D4D9C-DA3F-4508-AB5D-677AA0E26606.thumb.jpeg.ee12a63c1f01e6ac4ddf7dc26f00c50e.jpeg

Synopsis?

Football club uses illegal tax avoidance scheme to procure players they couldn't otherwise afford, googly eyed wealth of the radar Scottish businessman arrives, hilarious consequences. 

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Football club uses illegal tax avoidance scheme to procure players they couldn't otherwise afford, googly eyed wealth of the radar Scottish businessman arrives, hilarious consequences. 

In fairness, the original Club was built around a "reformation".......

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Will you be signing any of them?

I'll be doing some wee Open Mic events and book signings in libraries and venues over here. My aiming for the stars goal is to make enough money from that to afford to fly back to Scotland next summer and do some spoken word events there. I'd love to do that but it's pretty far-fetched.

IMG_20180923_005727.thumb.jpg.6afd70c903afeb1812dd49a5918cb6ef.jpg

Spending the night up at my Mother in laws with my wife and daughter........she's only gone and made another batch of chilli'd picked onions! Sen-fucking-sational!

Bottled of Chilian merlot is adding to the experience it must be said.

6 hours ago, Swarley said:

Synopsis?

The Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Tibetan Book of the Dead are essentially roadmaps to the afterlife, tales to help the departed make it to the next world. This is an imagining of what a Scottish version of that would look like. Turns out, there's lots of swearing in it. Life and death sometimes intersect at the strangest of angles. On Wednesday morning, Adam's dad dies just as a minor earthquake tears through his small Scottish hometown, tearing a hole in the ground as the lives of his mother and estranged relations are torn fresh wounds, moving through haunted supermarket night-shifts, the complexities of modern travel, an eerie caravan park on the Clyde, and a house soaked in memories.

Spending the night up at my Mother in laws with my wife and daughter........she's only gone and made another batch of chilli'd picked onions! Sen-fucking-sational!
You're like a fucking Stepford Wife. Something no right here....

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

I thought they were the testicles of you and the other male members of her family

The Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Tibetan Book of the Dead are essentially roadmaps to the afterlife, tales to help the departed make it to the next world. This is an imagining of what a Scottish version of that would look like. Turns out, there's lots of swearing in it. Life and death sometimes intersect at the strangest of angles. On Wednesday morning, Adam's dad dies just as a minor earthquake tears through his small Scottish hometown, tearing a hole in the ground as the lives of his mother and estranged relations are torn fresh wounds, moving through haunted supermarket night-shifts, the complexities of modern travel, an eerie caravan park on the Clyde, and a house soaked in memories.

Sounds a bit Alistair Gray, looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
15 minutes ago, MSU said:

Sounds a bit Alistair Gray, looking forward to it.

It's the best Lanark I think I can do.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, sjc said:

You're like a fucking Stepford Wife. Something no right here....

When you've had half your gastric system removed and totally reconstructed, the enjoyment of food takes a completely different approach.

18 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I thought they were the testicles of you and the other male members of her family

Not sure how you come to that conclusion tbh.....

35 minutes ago, sjc said:

When you say "made" do you mean put some chillis in a jar of pickled onions?

Just now, Tony Ferrino said:

When you say "made" do you mean put some chillis in a jar of pickled onions?

No, I mean made as in from scratch. Asian pickling is very different from the pickling we're used to........and I somewhat miss it :(

On 21/09/2018 at 11:46, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Breaking them in right now.

Not sure the office along the corridor fully appreciate the effort though. 

Didn't see you today.

Or at least you weren't wearing the assless chaps.

17 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 8 weeks and I don't miss it one bit. I never thought I would ever say either of those things. 

I must be about the same time dry, though I was missing it yesterday and struggled a bit. Been a more productive person. If I said what I’d been up to today it would sound like some shite Brian Blessed would come out with.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I must be about the same time dry, though I was missing it yesterday and struggled a bit. Been a more productive person. If I said what I’d been up to today it would sound like some shite Brian Blessed would come out with.

Did you punch the Dalai Lama?