Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

At least there are horses. wu1-2.jpg

If only.

29 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Do you live in Tokyo? I’m going there in August. Any tips?

I don't, I live near Hiroshima. Just here for the weekend for my brother in laws wedding.

What and where in Japan are you looking to see?

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He has mentioned Japan once or twice I believe.

f**k you!

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

If only.

I don't, I live near Hiroshima. Just here for the weekend for my brother in laws wedding.

What and where in Japan are you looking to see?

f**k you!

I don't like your tone. You remind me of the guy that used to go on about living in a boat.

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve put an each way bet on the Grand National and I have no idea how much I win if my horse places.

If it's a betting slip it's probably because you will have taken the odds at the start of the race rather than current odds. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve put an each way bet on the Grand National and I have no idea how much I win if my horse places.

Your betting slip will say EW @ 1/X 1-Y

Y is the minimum position your horse must finish to place, typically top 4-6

X is how much the odds are divided by if it places as opposed to winning, again typically 1/4 or 1/5. So if you bet on a 20/1 horse at 1/5 1-6 and it comes in 3rd place, your odds on a place are 4/1. To find out how much you staked on a place, half your total stake.

Your other half of the stake is the straight win bet, at 20/1, but remember that if you win at 20/1 you've also placed at 4/1.

Say you put £1.25 EW on a 20/1 horse at 1/4 1-5:

Wins: Win £5 profit from the place bet plus £25 profit from the win bet, plus get your £2.50 total stake back. Total profit £30

2nd-5th: Win £5 profit from the place bet, plus your £1.25 stake back from that, but lose the other 1.25 stake. Total profit £3.75

6th+: Nothing

Currently in a "British pub" in Tokyo and the only draught they have on offer is Guinness and Heineken........ should I say something?

The food menu was more Italian than anything but in fairness the haggis wasn't bad...... although that could be more to do with the fact I can't actually remember what proper haggis tastes like!

Had a few pints last night - 8 to be precise. That was from 3pm till about 9pm. 

That's almost half of a usual day out and today has been an absolute travesty. Thumping head l day, feeling I need to be sick but not actually doing it and unable to just fall asleep for a few hours peace. 

I think I'm officially old. 

9 hours ago, Donathan said:

Your betting slip will say EW @ 1/X 1-Y

Y is the minimum position your horse must finish to place, typically top 4-6

X is how much the odds are divided by if it places as opposed to winning, again typically 1/4 or 1/5. So if you bet on a 20/1 horse at 1/5 1-6 and it comes in 3rd place, your odds on a place are 4/1. To find out how much you staked on a place, half your total stake.

Your other half of the stake is the straight win bet, at 20/1, but remember that if you win at 20/1 you've also placed at 4/1.

Say you put £1.25 EW on a 20/1 horse at 1/4 1-5:

Wins: Win £5 profit from the place bet plus £25 profit from the win bet, plus get your £2.50 total stake back. Total profit £30

2nd-5th: Win £5 profit from the place bet, plus your £1.25 stake back from that, but lose the other 1.25 stake. Total profit £3.75

6th+: Nothing

CalmEducatedBunny-small.gif

My grandad loved a bet on the horses. Towards his latter days, he suffered very badly from Parkinson's, but if you asked him to work out odds for a race, he was as sharp as a tack.

15 hours ago, sjc said:

Attended a Western style wedding here in Tokyo today. If you take the worst of the Western ceremony, combined with 12 courses of raw fish and numerous speeches by the bride and groom's company CEOs then you'd love it!

Although I did find out that a woman wearing a long sleeve kimono is unmarried as opposed to the short sleeve version.

aneka.jpg.33b1cb9d04f14215f32ac612997313e5.jpg

so Aneka was living in sin with her Japanese boy, the slag.