Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I’ve just been up to deliver a 50th birthday present to a lad I know. He lives with his brother and both have severe learning difficulties and have had from an early age. Just said to the wife, imagine that’s your life, with no chance of a let up. They stay in the house 99% of their lives, apart from a quick shop, no social life at all, no holidays and no family  help. It’ll be the only present he gets, Fucking tragic

15 minutes ago, Dele said:

Weirdest appointment I've ever had. It was mostly hand eye co-ordination practices to see if my brain is alright (:lol:). Passed them so it's now either Labrynthitis - which I've been given a weeks script for, BVVP (I think he said) - which we move onto if this prescription doesn't work, or we look into stabbing me in the ear.

I've no idea how the tests I had today would take it straight to 'let's stab you in the eardrum'. 

Here's hoping one of the first two scripts work. 

It was a while ago but my Dad said it was the bits in your ear that help you to keep your balance going haywire. It's like your standing straight up but you're getting these messages that you're about to fall, and you feel massively sick. I think he got given some pills which he had to take just as an episode was kicking off, but I don't think they did much good. Went away on its own eventually, don't think it lasted long but it was years ago, might not be remembering properly and they've likely got new treatments these days.

P.S. It was Menieres he had.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I’ve just been up to deliver a 50th birthday present to a lad I know. He lives with his brother and both have severe learning difficulties and have had from an early age. Just said to the wife, imagine that’s your life, with no chance of a let up. They stay in the house 99% of their lives, apart from a quick shop, no social life at all, no holidays and no family  help. It’ll be the only present he gets, Fucking tragic

If they have severe learning difficulties I'm surprised they have no home help (if I'm reading this right they live on their own) or aren't at a Day Centre during "working hours" (obviously no Day Centre at the present time).

The more severe the learning difficulty the less they realise how "different" they are, in my experience.

But at least he got one present, so good for you.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was a while ago but my Dad said it was the bits in your ear that help you to keep your balance going haywire. It's like your standing straight up but you're getting these messages that you're about to fall, and you feel massively sick.

P.S. It was Menieres he had.

Yeah, on Sunday I walked into the kitchen and everything just went crazy. I held on to the back of the chair and everything settled down from the waist up. I honestly couldn't get my head to tell my legs to move for what felt like a few minutes. 

That hasn't happened again but there have been a few times it's like the old bell has been hit and I just kind of shudder to a halt and the pupils dilate and everything goes all to f**k. 

Funny but frightening. I thought it was panic attacks (but I've never had one, nor nothing to panic about getting a drink of juice!) 

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

Yeah, on Sunday I walked into the kitchen and everything just went crazy. I held on to the back of the chair and everything settled down from the waist up. I honestly couldn't get my head to tell my legs to move for what felt like a few minutes. 

That hasn't happened again but there have been a few times it's like the old bell has been hit and I just kind of shudder to a halt and the pupils dilate and everything goes all to f**k. 

Funny but frightening. I thought it was panic attacks (but I've never had one, nor nothing to panic about getting a drink of juice!) 

Had a similar-sounding sensation. Some kind of anti car sickness tablets helped. Ear oil/syringing too. Did you get the COVID? These things can be a hangover from sinus infections. 

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Had a similar-sounding sensation. Some kind of anti car sickness tablets helped. Ear oil/syringing too. Did you get the COVID? These things can be a hangover from sinus infections. 

It's been going on for nearly 4 years. It usually happens and over with. The longest I'd ever been 'drunk' was about a day give or take. This is now away to be its 5th day. 

It's nothing new but they're not too worried right now. 

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The more severe the learning difficulty the less they realise how "different" they are, in my experience.

But at least he got one present, so good for you.

Aye just having the “who the f**k are you to say what’s normal” argument with the wife, who has her professional hat on. They go out they get ridiculed, they have no clubs or interests which is their choice apparently. Benefit help but no day to day help. It just breaks me that that’s it for them. She made him a sweetie tree, he loves chocolate

37 minutes ago, Dele said:

I had this type of thing  last year, couldn’t look up nor down without keeling over, it was an ear infection, tabs and spray got rid of it

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:
My favourite band Hot Chip have done a remix of possibly my favourite song at the moment which is:

And... it's a bit shit.

Snow Patrol?

Whit?

Did I read something about eyeballs being injected?

Fucking EYEBALLS BEING INJECTED?!!

The only worse thing I can conceive of it getting a paper cut on your eyeball with a bit of card.