Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 13/12/2023 at 11:58, Jacksgranda said:

Got my £10 Christmas Bonus today. Whoopie doo! Well, it's better than them taking £10 off me.

We got a voucher for a free breakfast in the works canteen at a specific date/time. If you're not working that shift, tough. There's a bit about "enjoying a meal with your workmates", which is hilarious as we can't take breaks with other members of our own team  :lol:

Still a better bonus than I've had in most jobs TBF.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

India Willoughby...........

Mumsnet is NOT a parenting site anymore. It’s a staging ground for bigotry and extremism, where the most awful things are said. Go look.

I see there's a Mumsnet calendar for sale in Asda the now, which made me wonder what pictures they used. Sparklingbrook's tits? Boiled placenta with baby carrots?

@Div, get this oversight rectified for next year. Plenty of excellent art on the various MS Paint threads.

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We need to start licensing podcasts and who can be on them

I think if we just lock james English in a bunker and use him as bait to draw in all these fuckwits before barricading the doors would help in that, along with just making society better.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Perhaps The Universe thread for this pish but looking eastwards out of the kitchen window at about 8.30 this morning I saw a meteor in the sky. It was green like a rocket flare. 

One of the Geminids I suppose. 

Geminid meteor shower lights up night sky - BBC News

Hibs pyro imo.

Flew back into Aberdeen this evening and noticed this giant sticker in the airport, forgetting that the Frankfurt fans would have passed through last night:

PXL_20231215_145714193.thumb.jpg.9896f2b866433480ac0133544a8261de.jpg

(Merry Christmas and a happy new year, from all the Eintracht fanatics)

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 hours ago, BFTD said:

We got a voucher for a free breakfast in the works canteen at a specific date/time. If you're not working that shift, tough. There's a bit about "enjoying a meal with your workmates", which is hilarious as we can't take breaks with other members of our own team  :lol:

Still a better bonus than I've had in most jobs TBF.

I see there's a Mumsnet calendar for sale in Asda the now, which made me wonder what pictures they used. Sparklingbrook's tits? Boiled placenta with baby carrots?

@Div, get this oversight rectified for next year. Plenty of excellent art on the various MS Paint threads.

I would 100% buy the @LiamDFC MS Paint calendar

The American Candy Shop (that was it's actual name) in Dundee city centre very suddenly closed recently and very quickly re-opened (as in almost overnight) as a handbag shop.

Definitely all above board and no money laundering is happening.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The American Candy Shop (that was it's actual name) in Dundee city centre very suddenly closed recently and very quickly re-opened (as in almost overnight) as a handbag shop.

This could be true of all American Candy stores. There's always at least one in Stirling, and they're always empty. Their prices are also roughly eight times what you'd pay in America, so no wonder.

I've a feeling that most of the shops left on the high street are into money laundering of some sort, especially the ones with no obvious way of selling their products online to supplement their income. There's no way that all of these beauty salons are turning a profit, for example. Short-term let Ice cream parlours seem to have sprung up all over the place too, with nary a customer near them - one in Alloa had five different takeaways at their premises listed on the delivery apps, none of which were ever open.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Get inside the animals 

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This could be true of all American Candy stores. There's always at least one in Stirling, and they're always empty. Their prices are also roughly eight times what you'd pay in America, so no wonder.

I've a feeling that most of the shops left on the high street are into money laundering of some sort, especially the ones with no obvious way of selling their products online to supplement their income. There's no way that all of these beauty salons are turning a profit, for example. Short-term let Ice cream parlours seem to have sprung up all over the place too, with nary a customer near them - one in Alloa had five different takeaways at their premises listed on the delivery apps, none of which were ever open.

Was never inside it so no idea of the prices but wouldn't be surprised.

Aye like pretty much everywhere else in the UK there is an overabundance of nail salon type places here. There's one I walk by often that never seems to be open but has been there for at least a couple of years so far.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Get inside the animals 

I'm not an artist nor have I worked in a cheese factory or sandwich shop.