Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Living next to the train line into Larbert seems to have brought a plus for me now, they currently in the midst of removing the foot and road bridge across Larbert station.

Boy just came to the door offering me and the Mrs 2 weekends in May to stay at Airth Castle of premier Inn for 3 nights while they do the demolition of the bridge, on top of this £30 a night each to do so, if we want to stay in the house we get the money for a carry out and food ect..

Happy days either way!

Stolen from the Swamp, post by that Uber bun, The Earl of Leven, interesting though...

After his sacking Avram Grant decided - after a chance comment from a Russian interviewer - to search for his grandparents graves. They had been victims of WW2 in a tragic way:

Living near Warsaw they fled the Germans due to being Jewish but the Russians then branded them 'fascists' and exiled them to Komi - an area governed by GULAG system. They died when his Dad was 13 and he somehow survived without them for 4 years before getting away from their tiny village.

Anyway the nearest town to the now vanished village is Syktyvkar and when there preparing to find the graves a local historian told him that buried in the local cemetery were the grandparents and parents of Roman Abramovich...in a strange twist of fate his grandparents had been exiled there from Lithuania in 1940 in exact same circumstances as Grant's: escaped Nazis, sent to camp by Soviets.

Grant laid flowers at their grave...and it seems neither man knew when he was appointed Chelsea manager.

That's quite weird eh?

I had an awful nightmare last night that my name and address had been named on this site and people who i had offended were coming to get me :( it was absolutely terrifying

Div, I thought you said Gold members were unable to see threads in the Platinum Members Only forum?

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/physicists-are-more-intelligent-than-social-scientists-paper-says/2011442.article

He said that he could imagine some academics saying the paper is “specious and doesn’t make any sense”. But, he added, “you really need [a month] to consider it”.

Should've read:

He said that he could imagine some academics saying the paper is “specious and doesn’t make any sense”. But, he added, “But they are probably social scientists and need it explained slowwwwly with crayons and big pictures”.