Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Been watching a lot of Fred Dibnah videos again of late. Scaling 300ft chimneys with absolutely no safety precautions. Gives me the fear just watching. The man was a fantastic presenter and a real working man's hero.

I (kinda) got to watch him work once when I was a tot. He demolished an old manufacturing plant in the centre of the town I was born in, and the big chimney stack was considered such a landmark on the skyline that all the weans from the local schools were pulled out for the morning to see it come down. Pretty cool to see, but we'd no idea who this guy was that everyone was so excited about, and it was a little unsettling that all the adults were obviously sad about the whole thing while trying to get our excitement levels up.

Anyway, couldn't see the bloke from where we were, but we certainly noticed his handiwork :P

I fucking wish the regs were still as lax, I've been up to my nuts in CDM regs, method statements, CITB, risk assessments, CSCS, HSE and other assorted gubbins for the past three days.

You might not be saying that when you're ordered hundreds of feet up a chimney with no safety gear. No reason for employers to give a shit without regulations; there are plenty to fill your boots when you cark it, after all.

The missus doesn't hang about: got news that she'd passed her Oz assessment yesterday and the cat's been sold today.

Have a good life Coco :(

Jesus. We spent three grand on putting our dog and cats through quarantine. Six months before the Pet Passport thing came into effect and we could've flown straight in with them after a couple of checkups with the vet :lol:

Had to give our bunny back to the breeder though. Apparently there is/was only one approved place that dealt with quarantined rabbits - it was down in Nottingham, and DEFRA claimed that 90% of their animals died within the six month quarantine period :shutup

Still miss that rabbit - awesome little guy. One of the cats never forgave us because they were in an...'interspecies relationship'. Which is to say that the rabbit buggered him senseless on a regular basis and he apparently loved it :blink:

Throbs, Im a manager in the construction industry, mainly domestic previously, but lately involving high value commercial projects. Im not a projects manager like our resident lady boy humper, Im more a general manager. I very rarely work on site and my role takes in bits and pieces of project management, cost accounting, office management, quantity surveying, design etc. Smaller firms like us generally require you to be a bit flexible where role boundaries are concerned, bigger firms will have separate folk for all of those roles usually. The work isn't boring for the most part and the pay is good. I bitch about it at times, but I genuinely love my job.

Helping out at a shop this morning when a jakey couple came in with their wean. One of the other boys in the shop was talking to the laddie about the toys that the wean was looking at, when the laddie admits that they wouldn't be buying anything because "we're only out of the house so's his maw can get her skag" :mellow:

I went down to the Drummy tonight (pitches in Dundee) to watch some of the 'best' amateur football in Dundee has to offer.

If I regained fitness, I'd easily get player of the season I'd reckon. Out of 8 teams, I was impressed with 4 players. 1 was a keeper.

I watched Broughty Athletic. Imagine what you watched played in times 2 the speed.

Watched Broughty a few times now, some decent ex semi pros but the top amateur sides in Midlands (NCR/Riverside/St James) could easily play junior IMO.

Eta; what teams were you watching?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Broughty have Jamie Winter still?

I've heard there's a fair bit (more) cash going into them next season again.

Lochee, Monifieth. Celtic won on pens. Horrific game.

Thompsons against somebody, thoroughly decent game which went to pens too. 1 player 1 keeper impressed.

Hilltown Hotspur v somebody. Utter shit and Hotspur are trouncing everyone. God knows why.

Thistle v Rangers. Thistle won 3-1 but a terrible game made quite funny by the ref being utterly shit and getting threatened with a hide in. He was 64. Was speaking to Toshney, he fucked off as it was that bad and the boy who runs the league (Fordyce?) was standing going mad at everybody accosting the ref.

Saturday mornings, eh.

I've never heard of any of they teams haha, the Saturday morning amateurs is pretty gash I think. We played a Saturday morning team Athletico Harley's in the all amateur cup a few years back, no bad league position in the league they were in, we were in the midlands prem so didn't know anything about them, beat them 19-1. (Still didn't score) :lol:

There's a few decent teams in the midlands set up though.

NCR and St James were both playing tonight so thought you meant you were down watching them thinking you'd get their POTY.

And aye they've got a few ex pros, Winters, Dougie Cameron (ex Montrose/EF left back) Paul Lunan (great lad, ex us/Forfar/Montrose/Peterhead) Jamie McCunnie (ex Livingston/United I think). Ray McKinnon was down watching.

Decent game like Broughty won 2-0, mate says Deuchars has told them they're getting a 4g installed next season and they're going to build a wee stand.

Good wee set up, although there was maybe only 50 folk there, mostly family and friends I think, the half time draw raffle prize was a 5er, the cost of entry into the place.

Get admission then a pound on the ticket, win a 5er, only end up -1 quid at the end of the evening instead of -5. :lol:

Reviews on Google maps for Auschwitz :lol:

a week ago

It was fun. Wholesome activities for the whole family. The showers were a little cramped, but the counselers were great! They were always yelling gibberish, and they had new activities every day. Whether you like working in furnaces, or digging holes for some reason, and playing kidnap where your friends would be randomly taken away, Auschwitz is for you!

Oliver Hughes

in the last week

Loved it. The people there are very friendly, but you need to brush up on your german a little bit :).

There are fully functioning showers, which wash away all the dirt. And the ovens are wonderful, they do need cleaning regularly though, as there is a lot of ashes building up in there.

My only problem was with the ventilation system, as there was a lot of gas in the place.

All in all, great camp for the whole family

MperthA

4 weeks ago

Had a good time :) all of the people there are hard workers and get the job done. They always figure out a solution to any big problem and carry it out in a quick, concise manner. The food was a bit lacking if i'm honest but other than that i had a great time and definitely would appreciate the family fun camp to be re opened and operational in the near future

Jesus. We spent three grand on putting our dog and cats through quarantine. Six months before the Pet Passport thing came into effect and we could've flown straight in with them after a couple of checkups with the vet :lol:

Wait, what? What is this pet passport you speak of? She got rid of the Persian/Rag Doll because to be honest it was a scratchy little bitey arsehole and she could get money for it but she's desperate to take the other one over but I've told her there's no danger I'm forking out £1500 just to put a cat through 3 months of misery just to not recognise us when we go to pick it up in the only quarantine centre a couple of thousand miles away in Melbourne.

The cat would still have had to spend 10 days in quarantine in Oz and there are a huge range of hoops to jump through. Isn't the Pet Passport just an EU thing?

Still, it would have eaten a Red Back and poisoned itself or been taken by a Saltie within the first couple of days so more humane to have it put down sorry "sold to a farm" now

I fucking wish the regs were still as lax, I've been up to my nuts in CDM regs, method statements, CITB, risk assessments, CSCS, HSE and other assorted gubbins for the past three days.

Doing a presentation about CDM15 changes at half 9 tomorrow. Don't no what to say. :(

Reviews on Google maps for Auschwitz :lol:

a week ago

It was fun. Wholesome activities for the whole family. The showers were a little cramped, but the counselers were great! They were always yelling gibberish, and they had new activities every day. Whether you like working in furnaces, or digging holes for some reason, and playing kidnap where your friends would be randomly taken away, Auschwitz is for you!

Oliver Hughes

in the last week

Loved it. The people there are very friendly, but you need to brush up on your german a little bit :).

There are fully functioning showers, which wash away all the dirt. And the ovens are wonderful, they do need cleaning regularly though, as there is a lot of ashes building up in there.

My only problem was with the ventilation system, as there was a lot of gas in the place.

All in all, great camp for the whole family

MperthA

4 weeks ago

Had a good time :) all of the people there are hard workers and get the job done. They always figure out a solution to any big problem and carry it out in a quick, concise manner. The food was a bit lacking if i'm honest but other than that i had a great time and definitely would appreciate the family fun camp to be re opened and operational in the near future

Had to check out Tripadvisor:

I have to start by saying that, for me personally, this was the most important part of the trip. We showed up only 20 minutes after opening time, ready for the day's activity.

At the entrance, there is a gaggle of approximately 130 people, no system in place to organize it, no staff attempting to give direction.
So, after pushing our way in for 43 minutes (in the cold wet snow) we are subjected to a search that is more intense than any airport security I've ever seen.
Now, another lineup (read gaggle) to get our tickets. At the wicket we are told we can't enter without a guide (read chaperone), "it's the policy", said the lady. "Ok, let's do it" we reply. Next available one is in 1.5 hrs but that one only speaks Polish, "not sure when an English speaking one is available".
Sadly, we were on a fixed schedule and didn't have the freedom to wait out for that. So, now I'll be leaving this ridiculous country without experiencing the one thing I actually cared about only because of their disorganization and absurd policy.

:lol:

It is. You spend years training as an Engineer then progress to become a Project Manager where you deal less and less with engineering and more and more with administration, process & procedures!

Part of me dies every day :(

*threatening to staple gun labourers scrotums to the floor amounts to a highlight of my working day!

Strangely, I didn't graduate first time, but all my friends that did ended up in graduate programmes and doing f**k all engineering.

Me?

Without a degree I ended up working for a company being the guy that went on site and specced up all the jobs then priced them. (I did go back and graduate later tbf)

I ended up doing more "real" engineering than most of my fellow students

Broughty have Jamie Winter still?

I've heard there's a fair bit (more) cash going into them next season again.

Lochee, Monifieth. Celtic won on pens. Horrific game.

Thompsons against somebody, thoroughly decent game which went to pens too. 1 player 1 keeper impressed.

Hilltown Hotspur v somebody. Utter shit and Hotspur are trouncing everyone. God knows why.

Thistle v Rangers. Thistle won 3-1 but a terrible game made quite funny by the ref being utterly shit and getting threatened with a hide in. He was 64.

Was speaking to Toshney, he fucked off as it was that bad and the boy who runs the league (Fordyce?) was standing going mad at everybody accosting the ref.

Saturday mornings, eh.

The hilltown hump everyone cause i play for them, fair enough i didnt play yesterday so that'll be why you thought we were shit.

Also which players impressed you?