Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I don't hate the place, I merely slept there one night and one night only thankfully.

I just found it completely hilarious that a place that needs guests to run as a business is such a dump and is obviously run and staffed by people who take no pride or care of the place, themselves, nor their guests. It's literally as if they're actively trying to shut the place down.

You're right though, the trip advisor reviews are a good laugh. Especially the blatantly obvious rare good reviews, clearly written by the staff themselves! :lol:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g4242906-d1599892-Reviews-Adamton_Country_House_Hotel_Prestwick-Monkton_South_Ayrshire_Ayrshire_Scotland.html

I Googled it and it's owned by Britannia Hotels, who run all manner of manor houses and grand old buildings in places like Scarborough and Blackpool. They all have food like prisons and rooms that are also like prisons. Really terrible chain, but it's cheap and caters to coach parties and oud folk who don't know how to look up reviews so they're doing alright.

We are in Lanzarote just now and as we were going for lunch the paramedics were trying to save someones life just outside a hotel room 4 doors down from us.When we were coming back from lunch they brought a body out.

A bit harsh was it not, forgetting to tip the waiters.

Crushed up 4 Christians last night. Snorted with a couple of mates. Decks out. Loud house tunes. Feeling like death warmed up now. Not helped by the fact I've eaten one slice of pizza all weekend.

Any PnBers got a good suggestion for food delivery in the south side of Glasgow?

I don't hate the place, I merely slept there one night and one night only thankfully.

I just found it completely hilarious that a place that needs guests to run as a business is such a dump and is obviously run and staffed by people who take no pride or care of the place, themselves, nor their guests. It's literally as if they're actively trying to shut the place down.

You're right though, the trip advisor reviews are a good laugh. Especially the blatantly obvious rare good reviews, clearly written by the staff themselves! :lol:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g4242906-d1599892-Reviews-Adamton_Country_House_Hotel_Prestwick-Monkton_South_Ayrshire_Ayrshire_Scotland.html

Which review is yours?

Crushed up 4 Christians last night. Snorted with a couple of mates. Decks out. Loud house tunes. Feeling like death warmed up now. Not helped by the fact I've eaten one slice of pizza all weekend.

Any PnBers got a good suggestion for food delivery in the south side of Glasgow?

D'you get Deliveroo out in south side? Get all sort of good restaurants that deliver food through them.

Had the most unexpected few minutes of epicness this afternoon. Cycling back from Cambridge, past Duxford and there was the roar behind me that sounded like a giant mechanical swarm. Stopped the bike, looked around and it was a low level flypast of 16, yes SIXTEEN Spitfires. I went a little bit mental and was waving and cheering. Once they had passed I got on my bike again and headed off down the road, about 10 minutes later they they flew near me on a parallel, I was cycling pumping my fist in the air like a pound shop version of the scene from Top Gun. Grinned for about an hour. Top of a hill I just could not resist going "Repeat please".... then VOOOOOOOOOOOOM down the hill... for those who get the reference

Had the most unexpected few minutes of epicness this afternoon. Cycling back from Cambridge, past Duxford and there was the roar behind me that sounded like a giant mechanical swarm. Stopped the bike, looked around and it was a low level flypast of 16, yes SIXTEEN Spitfires. I went a little bit mental and was waving and cheering. Once they had passed I got on my bike again and headed off down the road, about 10 minutes later they they flew near me on a parallel, I was cycling pumping my fist in the air like a pound shop version of the scene from Top Gun. Grinned for about an hour. Top of a hill I just could not resist going "Repeat please".... then VOOOOOOOOOOOOM down the hill... for those who get the reference

Was half expecting you to end that with "it was then I clocked a tiger and a couple o half tracks, in the woods at the end of the road". ;)

Would've loved to experience that, the fly by, myself.

Was at the Chilli Festival at Scone Palace today. Not convinced there were as many stalls as the last 2 years but still a decent day out.

Bought some sauces from a few of the stalls which should keep us going for a while.

Anyone else from PnB visit this festival over the weekend?