Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Preparing myself for a 'Marley & Me' moment tomorrow. Obviously not looking forward to it. :(

Been there and it sucks. Sorry. The only upside is that it's usually a damn sight better than the alternative for all concerned.

Incidentally, I've never seen the film, so I had to google it to see what you were referring to and there appears to be a surprising amount of hate for animal euthanasia out there. Reminds me of the time I found a dog tied up outside a shop in Alloa, and it was frantically clawing at some horrific growths on its belly. Poor thing was writhing in pain and had soaked the pavement in blood. The owner came out before I had the chance to do anything and gave me a lecture about how the "cruel" b*****ds at the vet had encouraged them to put the dog to sleep before its stomach cancer could cause it too much pain, but they weren't having any of that :1eye

Preparing myself for a 'Marley & Me' moment tomorrow. Obviously not looking forward to it. :(

Sorry to hear that Hedgecutter. I've been through it 3 times myself and was a blubbery, snottery mess each time. Mind, I was no better with the dog that died in her sleep. They just don't live long enough.

Worked out it costs about 120k for a parent to send one kid to Dundee High. Unreal. No wonder they're such annoying wee b*****ds.

I researched this after getting pissed off yesterday when a DH pupil stole my croissant with his hands after I had already tonged (as in tongs) it in Lidl.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Worked out it costs about 120k for a parent to send one kid to Dundee High. Unreal. No wonder they're such annoying wee b*****ds.

I researched this after getting pissed off yesterday when a DH pupil stole my croissant with his hands after I had already tonged (as in tongs) it in Lidl.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/dundee-high-school-suspends-18-pupils-in-probe-on-shop-raid-1.827775

There were Dundee High school kids behind me in A food shop a few weeks back. One was claiming to know 'everything about drugs' and in the few minutes I had to endure his nonsense, it was mostly absolute shite. His mate then called him Torquin. I lol'd.

He then proceeded to tell everyone how Croatia was the 'drug capital of the world' when he was told, is it not Colombia? He replied : they're basically the same place.

Money well spent.

I try to avoid going out during their lunchtimes but sometimes I am coming back from/away out to site or whatever and it's unavoidable. They genuinely annoy me. :lol:

Loads of horrific accents to considering they're Scottish and from Dundee/surrounding areas.

f**k knows what they were shopping in lidl for anyway, they must be the tinky ones.

Rubbish. One of the guys who I play five a sides with went to Dundee high school. To get in he had to sit an exam to get himself in as we was very advanced in primary school. His parents didn't pay a thing.

Good story however.

You have to be able to cover the fees which are listed on the website. Whether that's through your parents or through a bursary award. See 4e.

www.highschoolofdundee.org.uk/admissions/admissions_policy

There's no finer 'I told you so' moment than when someone gets ill again after stopping their course of antibiotics because they feel better despite the consequences of doing this being explained to them. It's even better when there's no NHS for them to abuse so they're spunking their own money on it.

Absolute morons.

There is no way his parents made 120 thousand when he was at school. Not between them.

Thats for Lower as they call it and secondary. The fees are on the site. If he just did secondary it would be about 66k over 6 years, as Sookys article states its about 11k a year for students. Fair whack. There are maybe loopholes with regards to getting a good bursary if you are academically strong though im not sure about all the details of it. Also Im not saying your mate is a snob either, just generalising what seems to be the majority.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

There's no finer 'I told you so' moment than when someone gets ill again after stopping their course of antibiotics because they feel better despite the consequences of doing this being explained to them. It's even better when there's no NHS for them to abuse so they're spunking their own money on it.

Absolute morons.

You used to be fun, man.

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to let me buy a new car. We recently started saving for a deposit on a house, which is the problem. I'd be going from a W reg 1.6 Golf with 112k miles, to a 52 plate 1.8 BMW 316ti Compact with half the mileage. To me its an upgrade, especially since I'm starting to notice faults with my Golf (calipers, dash, tappets etc.), but she seems utterly against the whole idea, even though it would only be costing a few hundred pound.

*sigh*

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to let me buy a new car. We recently started saving for a deposit on a house, which is the problem. I'd be going from a W reg 1.6 Golf with 112k miles, to a 52 plate 1.8 BMW 316ti Compact with half the mileage. To me its an upgrade, especially since I'm starting to notice faults with my Golf (calipers, dash, tappets etc.), but she seems utterly against the whole idea, even though it would only be costing a few hundred pound.

*sigh*

Tbf, if the car expenditure extends your saving time by even a month, then what may seem like 'just a £500 car' could effectively become a £1100 car if you happen to be pissing away £600pm on rent at the moment.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Guest The Phoenix

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend...

Whoa there RG - you are clearly doing something wrong.

The first rule a girlfriend has to abide by is "Yes Sir, No Sir, three bags full, Sir"

PS This rule is reversed when she becomes Mrs RG.