Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

How are you coping with the heat? 27 here.

That's what it was in Las Palmas in the beginning of December. And if you got a bit over heated you just had to sit under a brolly where it was deliciously cool. Perfect climate.

There is currently a thread on Rangers media concerning which countries they want to play in when they qualify for Europe next season after winning the Scottish Cup. I don't know if the OP was at the wind up or not but the majority of them seem to be giving genuine answers lol.

I say like at the end of my sentences all the time. It's the East Coasts 'but'. Good day like. No bad like. Thought that like.

I never realised I did this until recently, I can't help it and it's started to really annoy me. Just as much as the Weegies saying but at the end of everything does.

The example you used isn't Scotland specific though, that's just English spoken teenage girls worldwide.

In Caithness it's "f**k', and in Aberdeenshire it's "ken", ken, f**k?

I, thankfully, never hear anybody from Dundee saying 'like'. That's long in the past. What I do/did have to endure was two utter welts in my work (Angus folk, weirdos) who finished their sentences with 'iy'. They'd also sometimes start their sentences with 'That's what I'm sayin, iy........'.

They weren't saying anything prior. Thank fûck for shift swaps at New Year. :mellow:

I, thankfully, never hear anybody from Dundee saying 'like'. That's long in the past. What I do/did have to endure was two utter welts in my work (Angus folk, weirdos) who finished their sentences with 'iy'. They'd also sometimes start their sentences with 'That's what I'm sayin, iy........'.They weren't saying anything prior. Thank fûck for shift swaps at New Year. :mellow:

"Eh?" at the end of sentences is even more infuriating than "but" IMO. I found "eh" to be more an Edinburgh trait. Very annoying.

I'm getting really, really good at being able to go out to a nightclub with a solitary £20 note in my pocket, buy myself a few shots, blag some free drinks off total strangers and go home absolutely steaming with a tenner still in my pocket

Been drunk 5 nights in a row and only spent £65

I'm getting really, really good at being able to go out to a nightclub with a solitary £20 note in my pocket, buy myself a few shots, blag some free drinks off total strangers and go home absolutely steaming with a tenner still in my pocket

Are these clubs the kind of place where they play mostly Shirley Bassey records?

Grimbo

Deary me.

Nobody's gullible enough to buy a stranger a drink, unless they're wanting their hole or you've met Philpy at a bus stop. Women rarely buy strange men drinks so I'm assuming Mr Bairn has been visiting the gay bars.

Good luck to him, he might find his prince one day.

If it makes you guys feel any better, the Canadians finish sentences with 'eh?' all the time. Presumably the Scots ex-pats brought it across with them, so it's a longstanding trait. Personally, I picked up finishing sentences with 'but' a long time ago, which is a bit maddening as I certainly never wanted to.

And aye, it sounds like Mr Bairn's been taking advantage of desperate homosexual laddies, which just isn't on. Get your wallet out and stand your mates some drinks, you cheap cocktease.

Goes home with a tenner in his pocket?

Aye, back pocket. He'll not walk right for a month.

ETA, he's probably scamming free drinks off strangers by regaling them with the tale of leading the deadpool after almost subbing out Harrington.

I could understand that, I would do the same :lol:

Edited by Njord

"Eh?" at the end of sentences is even more infuriating than "but" IMO. I found "eh" to be more an Edinburgh trait. Very annoying.

One of my brothers who stays in Dunfermline finishes every sentence with 'eh' and that's no exaggeration, ken.

The word "like" has to be the most overused word in Scotland. Especially among young lassies. There are two sitting across from me on the train the now and like every second word seems to be like the word like. It's like very annoying and like makes you wonder what they were doing when they were supposed to be in an English class. I know like that folk say swearing is just a sign of a low vocabulary but I'm like not sure what I'd rather be hearing right now. The odd "f**k" and "dick" or "like", "like", "like". Fucking, Facebook nation <_<

One boot at my work always says exactly. No matter what the conversation is, she says exactly 5 times.

You can also tell she's sooking up to management when she says it to one of them, before following it up with a laugh like Bugs Bunny

Literally. It's the new 'fucking' - a word that's thrown in that wouldn't affect the meaning at all if removed.

"Ah wiz literally, like, pyoor fuckin' ragin', and she literally turns roond and says tae me, after staundin' there literally sayin' the exact fuckin' opposite..."

Even John Humphrys was getting slagged off on Radio 4 this morning for his overuse of the word.

And that was by a bunch of alkys.

(It was a segment on recovering alcoholics, he wasnt just randomly interviewing Wunfy, Kincardine and Tryfield)

wut.gif aye, quoteR.gifrecoveringquoteL.gif