Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm tempted to pack in college. I'm in my third (and final) year and I've just completely lost all motivation and love for it. I've not applied for university and have absolutely no desire to because I don't think I could handle another year of education. I feel like I can't pack it in because there's only four months to go and I've taken out a student loan, so I'll be paying for that even without a qualification at the end, but it's not what I'm wanting to do any more and I think I'd be better off just working.

I think you'd end up regretting it if you chucked it mate. As shite as it is, it's only four months out of your life. Far better to take the hit now and have a rubbish time of it for the next wee while than look back in ten years when you're maybe going to be in a job you don't like thinking "What if?".

That's a bit rough. I guess the common sense answer is grind it out, do the best you can and get your qualification then take stock in the summer.

I think you'd end up regretting it if you chucked it mate. As shite as it is, it's only four months out of your life. Far better to take the hit now and have a rubbish time of it for the next wee while than look back in ten years when you're maybe going to be in a job you don't like thinking "What if?".

You're both right but I don't even know if I want to pursue a career in media after this. Nothing that we've done this year has been of any interest to me. It's quite a general course, I would have been better off doing something more specific about the field I was initially interested in, but this has sapped everything out of me. I really just need a break from it but I guess that won't be for another four months.

I'm tempted to pack in college. I'm in my third (and final) year and I've just completely lost all motivation and love for it. I've not applied for university and have absolutely no desire to because I don't think I could handle another year of education. I feel like I can't pack it in because there's only four months to go and I've taken out a student loan, so I'll be paying for that even without a qualification at the end, but it's not what I'm wanting to do any more and I think I'd be better off just working.

It matters to employers that you see things through, whether you end up working in the field or not. Everyone wants to quit these courses at some point; just keep ploughing on until you get the paperwork. Can't emphasise enough the importance of actually having finished; people have to make shitty judgements about potential employees on little information all the time, and dropping out of a college course can easily be the difference when deciding who to call in for interview. Almost guaranteed that will make a difference to you at some point, whether you even know it or not.

Try to find an opportunity before packing it in. Then you can justify it to any potential employers in future.

I did Civil Engineering at Uni (Strathclyde), the course was absolute horseshit - so much so that I actually took a lecture once because I understood the subject better than the lecturer. I packed it in after 3rd year (Degree but no honours) for a guaranteed job. As far as I'm aware, I'm at a higher and more well paid level than any of my previous classmates.

Leave if you have a good opportunity, if not, stick it out. It's only another year or so four months.

Edited by Spain

It matters to employers that you see things through, whether you end up working in the field or not. Everyone wants to quit these courses at some point; just keep ploughing on until you get the paperwork. Can't emphasise enough the importance of actually having finished; people have to make shitty judgements about potential employees on little information all the time, and dropping out of a college course can easily be the difference when deciding who to call in for interview. Almost guaranteed that will make a difference to you at some point, whether you even know it or not.

Exactly this, it's four short months, tough it out no matter how much you are hating it.

Good luck.

What's funny about that?

Well it's a big enough minter being outed as a beast to the whole world, but being outed as a beast that can only last 10 seconds is hilarious. He's getting absolutely ridiculed, it's glorious.

Now all that needs to happen is for his Mrs to rinse him after he's charged. Justice.

He was clearly paying her a clumsy compliment by saying he would only last 10 seconds.

People are looking to be offended here.

Wasn't looking to be offended, found it funny in a sense that if it wasn't already bad enough for him then all this stuff coming out is just compounding the misery.

I don't take joy out of seeing people unhappy/struggle but he can only blame himself, totally deserves everything that's coming his way, the whole fiasco is just so very creepy.

You're both right but I don't even know if I want to pursue a career in media after this. Nothing that we've done this year has been of any interest to me. It's quite a general course, I would have been better off doing something more specific about the field I was initially interested in, but this has sapped everything out of me. I really just need a break from it but I guess that won't be for another four months.

I would suggest that you stop being such a whiny little bitch.

Wasn't looking to be offended, found it funny in a sense that if it wasn't already bad enough for him then all this stuff coming out is just compounding the misery.

I don't take joy out of seeing people unhappy/struggle but he can only blame himself, totally deserves everything that's coming his way, the whole fiasco is just so very creepy.

Somehow i doubt that a wee flirty joke he made will be top of his list of things to ponder when he's sitting in his cell.

Any perhaps what is creepy is somebody posting these messages like we all care.

He did the crime, he'll do the time. Do we need to know the detail?

Somehow i doubt that a wee flirty joke he made will be top of his list of things to ponder when he's sitting in his cell.

Any perhaps what is creepy is somebody posting these messages like we all care.

He did the crime, he'll do the time. Do we need to know the detail?