Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Opened a manual for some new tech gear at work today - the first section of the manual was in Dutch.

The opening words of the Dutch section were...

'U KUNT'

Now, that's knowing your customer.

Any kunt speak Dutch? 

Edited by paranoid android

For the first time in my life I've realised what the consequences are of being off work injured. I'm currently in a position where I need to pay rent every week and put bread on the table, but I haven't been working long enough at my job to get paid sick leave. So instead of resting for a couple more days to regain full fitness I'm back at work struggling away.

I've finally entered the big boys world now. Quite the revelation.

For the first time in my life I've realised what the consequences are of being off work injured. I'm currently in a position where I need to pay rent every week and put bread on the table, but I haven't been working long enough at my job to get paid sick leave. So instead of resting for a couple more days to regain full fitness I'm back at work struggling away.

Same for me last August thanks to the wonderful world of self employment. Dislocated my knee on the Wednesday night, back out and about working on the Friday, hobbling about on crutches and stretching people's patience to breaking point! Doctor said he'd sign me off for four to six weeks until I told him it would be completely pointless.

Next thing you know you'll be having a whole pint to yourself! Baby steps, mate. Baby steps.

Same for me last August thanks to the wonderful world of self employment. Dislocated my knee on the Wednesday night, back out and about working on the Friday, hobbling about on crutches and stretching people's patience to breaking point! Doctor said he'd sign me off for four to six weeks until I told him it would be completely pointless.

I used to like mountain biking and road cycling. Was coming down a hill in the Pentlands a couple of year back at about 40mph and just thought "what am I doing?". I need to be at work every day and can't be having broken bones etc. 

Opened a manual for some new tech gear at work today - the first section of the manual was in Dutch.

'U KUNT'

Any kunt speak Dutch? 

Reminds me of Kennedy telling the people of Berlin "I am a doughnut/Ich bin ein Berliner". I would have loved Obama to have done a big speech in Amsterdam repeating his campaign slogan "Yes You Can!/ Ja U Kunt!".  :lol:

'U KUNT'

Any kunt speak Dutch?

Shaving cream used to have the Dutch translation on the side - 'Barbers Kum' Edited by Ned Nederlander

Reminds me of Kennedy telling the people of Berlin "I am a doughnut/Ich bin ein Berliner". I would have loved Obama to have done a big speech in Amsterdam repeating his campaign slogan "Yes You Can!/ Ja U Kunt!".  :lol:

The doughnut story is a myth. What he said was correct.