Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Maybe for new year next year. Think I will go to Italy in the summer and will see how funds are after that.

Florence with a wee trip up to the opera in the Roman amphitheatre at Verona, Throbber? 

Florence with a wee trip up to the opera in the Roman amphitheatre at Verona, Throbber? 

You know me so well!

Think we will fly to Milan and back from Rome and visit Florence and Venice and a few places in between.

I made a conscious decision this year not to waste so many of my days off drinking too much and being hungover, and I think I had some (limited) success. Probably helped that more of my family were around this time and they're not big drinkers. Still feel I haven't accomplished much. A few mates went wild camping last week but I couldn't make it, kind of wish I'd made more of an effort now though.

Next year I'll be a man of action, maybe.

52 minutes ago, throbber said:

You know me so well!

Think we will fly to Milan and back from Rome and visit Florence and Venice and a few places in between.

Lake Garda is well worth a visit too.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

You know me so well!

We flew into Venice, got the train to La Spezia to spend time in Cinque Terre, then went to Florence and Rome. 

I made a conscious decision this year not to waste so many of my days off drinking too much and being hungover, and I think I had some (limited) success. Probably helped that more of my family were around this time and they're not big drinkers. Still feel I haven't accomplished much. A few mates went wild camping last week but I couldn't make it, kind of wish I'd made more of an effort now though.
Next year I'll be a man of action, maybe.

This year?

Next year?

Think you need to catch up first of all zetterlund.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Venice is fucking amazing. The only thing we did was a quick tour round a murano glass factory. The rest of the time we just wandered round the wee streets. Some place.

As much as I enjoyed Venice, I much preferred Florence. 

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Went to Rome for Honeymoon a few years back but it's really left me with the bug to explore more of Italy. Amazing place. Amazing food. The heat in June was intense though.

Yeh, love Italy too mate. I really need to visit Rome tbh. Vaguely remember Genoa being nice from the WC in 1990 with Turin being a bit industrial. 

An ex colleague whom is now a good friend is from near Naples so will look to explore further South on my return to Europe. 

Edited by sjc

44 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

We flew into Venice, got the train to La Spezia to spend time in Cinque Terre, then went to Florence and Rome. 

I will probably do something similar although i do want to visit Milan. Due a big tax rebate in April so will buy flights and maybe a book a hotel or two but will probably do 3 nights in each place and won't venture further south than Rome. 

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I will probably do something similar although i do want to visit Milan. Due a big tax rebate in April so will buy flights and maybe a book a hotel or two but will probably do 3 nights in each place and won't venture further south than Rome. 

You could get cheap flights to Pisa and do the trip South - North?

6 minutes ago, sjc said:

You could get cheap flights to Pisa and do the trip South - North?

Would that be the cheapest place to fly to? I haven't done much research into it yet as you can probably tell. 

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

Would that be the cheapest place to fly to? I haven't done much research into it yet as you can probably tell. 

Ryanair fly direct there from Edinburgh so can't be far off the cheapest.

Just now, throbber said:

I'll look into it all once i have recovered from new year. Is Pisa a good place to visit? 

I enjoyed a day strolling around there in the summer of 2015. Worth seeing imo.

Yeh, love Italy too mate. I really need to visit Rome tbh. Vaguely remember Genoa being nice from the WC in 1990 with Turin being a bit industrial. 

An ex colleague whom is now a good friend is from near Naples so will look to explore further South on my return to Europe.

My mum and dad went to Salerno which is near Naples for a holiday a few years back. They said Salerno itself was lovely but other than Mt Vesuvius, thought Naples itself was a little disappointing, and was a bit of (literally) a dump, as when they visited Naples, some dispute had been going on for a while with the local council or whomever over refuse collection, and the streets of Naples were covered with piles of rubbish and bags of stinking garbage.