Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The PlusNet advert:

"When you think of Yorkshire, what do you think of? That's right - Super-fast broadband, Yorkshire Puddings, and Heaven 17".

Later in the advert: "Yes, we are in Yorkshire. No, Heaven 17 don't work here".

I don't know a single person who knows / knew Heaven 17 were from Yorkshire until this advert, yet they're basing the whole advert on the premise that whenever you think of Yorkshire you think of Heaven 17.

What a rubbish advert.

Guest The Phoenix

The PlusNet advert:

"When you think of Yorkshire, what do you think of? That's right - Super-fast broadband, Yorkshire Puddings, and Heaven 17".

Later in the advert: "Yes, we are in Yorkshire. No, Heaven 17 don't work here".

I don't know a single person who knows / knew Heaven 17 were from Yorkshire until this advert, yet they're basing the whole advert on the premise that whenever you think of Yorkshire you think of Heaven 17.

What a rubbish advert.

Actually, you've just proved it's an advert that works. ;)

Actually, you've just proved it's an advert that works. ;)

Not really, given that I have no intention of buying their product - if I was looking for broadband, I'd be put off this company by how much the advert annoys me!

Plus, it's not like I have it in my head - it was on the telly about twenty seconds before I posted this...

Edited by Gaz

I feel terrible, both mentally and physcially. I've got work to do and have to play 5's tonight. However, because I'm feeling so sorry for myself I'd going to make the greasiest and largest fry up I can, then have a good sleep.

One day I'm actually going to have a proper word with myself and stop being a disgrace, but that day is not today.

The issues might not be exactly the same, but I can certainly relate to that. Especially your comment at the end, I feel your pain...

Guest The Phoenix

Not really, given that I have no intention of buying their product - if I was looking for broadband, I'd be put off this company by how much the advert annoys me!

Plus, it's not like I have it in my head - it was on the telly about twenty seconds before I posted this...

And you've spread the brand name as a thread title across P&B.

It's, at least subconsciously, reached out to a vast audience with your post.

There is a growing trend on p&b for people to write longer sentences riddled with commas. It's obvious they are doing so to make themselves sound clever or more eloquent and it annoys me.

I don't know about that: surely the comma is a somewhat standard means of sentence subdivision? Excessive use in elongated sentences is undoubtedly irritating; it's not the crime of the century though.

Nothing better than standing in a freezing cold terrace, the wind blowing the rain into your face and a bovril.

Wait till you try sex, it's even better than rain and bovril.

The PlusNet advert:

I did! Them, The Human League and ABC were all from Sheffield. The Human League and Heaven 17 were one band but split to form the two. Ask me another.

Wait till you try sex, it's even better than rain and bovril.

I did! Them, The Human League and ABC were all from Sheffield. The Human League and Heaven 17 were one band but split to form the two. Ask me another.

The answer makes your first point redundant

We've entered a team into a local seven-a-side league. Our first game is on Sunday and our nice new shiny strips arrived this morning:

:D

soviet_sickle_CCCP_red_shir.jpg

As long as we don't play against a team of Afghans or Chechen rebels we should get away with it.

We've entered a team into a local seven-a-side league. Our first game is on Sunday and our nice new shiny strips arrived this morning:

As long as we don't play against a team of Afghans or Chechen rebels we should get away with it.

I'd just hope not to meet anyone born east of Gdansk.

Some randomer added me on Facebook there and his bio was:

"Love Celtic!

Hate Rangers

Hate Facism

IRA!

Green Brigade.1"

Oh dear :lol:

i keep getting invited to join the SSFPP which is apparently the scottish support for "political prisoners", and also if i want to go to "POW" functions. i'm sure they're both a great laugh but its just not my scene...