Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

11 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Weird, posturing folk. Both times she has not only been smiling to herself, like a fucking oddball, but also wearing a fucking mac. This is real life, not Amelie. f**k these people.

She'll probably go home and self harm to some Edith Piaf records...on a vintage record player.

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Oh I've gone off her now. I was envisaging a Betty Blue type.

I bought my teetotal churchie sister the soundtrack for Betty Blue, not realising they'd include all the sexual grunting in the opening track.

4 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Twice this week I've driven home over the squinty bridge and there's been a woman cycling the other way smiling to herself. Not having a hands free conversation. Not laughing. Just a rigid fixed smile while peddling along and while dressed like a hipster with a bike straight out of an old French film. It's totally jarring to see someone just smiling like that. I despise her.

She's maybe just given her kipper a doing on the cobbles.

Dalkeith has not had a traffic warden for a few years since the transgender one packed in. Parked cars have been causing chaos ever since. Today, a traffic warden and 4 police officers are having a field day whilst the local council folk are out canvassing for votes. The seethe among the locals is glorious to behold.

Okay so my sister has just returned from travelling after 7 months and upon her return I have been replaced as the golden child. If you imagine in this simpsons scene that Homer is my mum, my sister is the puppy and I am the cat, that sums up the current state of affairs in my house

Dalkeith has not had a traffic warden for a few years since the transgender one packed in. Parked cars have been causing chaos ever since. Today, a traffic warden and 4 police officers are having a field day whilst the local council folk are out canvassing for votes. The seethe among the locals is glorious to behold.

I always park at Morrisons and walk along to the high street if need be. My wife knows the folk that have the flooring shop on the wynd, so I can park there.

Okay so my sister has just returned from travelling after 7 months and upon her return I have been replaced as the golden child. If you imagine in this simpsons scene that Homer is my mum, my sister is the puppy and I am the cat, that sums up the current state of affairs in my house

Kick her in the pie

When I lived in Glasgow it was during a period where Finnieston went from relatively affordable to hipster paradise. Near the end of my time there I saw a group of people in tweed and old fashioned bicycles cycling up to The Ben Nevis pub and getting off. One of them had a penny farthing style bicycle, which he was walking to the pub rather than cycling. I don't really know why but that man filled me with a deep and genuine feeling of contempt.