Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm on the call-out list in case of emergencies at work, and had a call to say there was an intruder alert.

I'm off tomorrow, so, of course, I've been making rather merry this evening, so can't drive - I had to phone for a taxi to take me there and home.

Of course, when I got there, there was no problem. :angry:

Taxi was £40, which I'll be claiming back - if they want to moan about it, the can fucking bite me.

That's me up now, so I'm going to have to scoop a few more beers.

Fucking carry on.

I'm always a fan of these visa application forms, in this case the US ESTA:

Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?   Yes/No

Hmmmm.

Decided to be a good husband and get my wife a Mother's Day present 'from' our daughter. Thought a photo album of the babies first year would be nice, as we have taken loads of photos but never had them developed. I picked out a nice photo album, went to Boots, hooked my phone up to the machine and spend a while carefully selecting the photos for the correct size for the album. Got home, put all the photos in, wrapped the present and felt happy.

The next day I meet my wife in town after work and we go for a bite to eat, she takes me into paperchase as there is something she wants to look at. She emerges from the back of the shop with a glossy Peter Rabbit photo album and says 'I was thinking it would be nice to get a photo album with pictures of Bea in it, but I've been waiting for the perfect album and this is it!' To make matters worse the photo album she picked is for photos of a different size to the one I bought, so I can't even go and return the original album and use the photos from that one and put it in the one she wanted. So I'm faced with going and buying the one she wants, buying a whole set of new photos in the correct size and just not caring about the cost of the defunct album and photos, or I give her the one I've already made but know she will be secretly disappointed that I've got her something which isn't quite what she wants.

4 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Decided to be a good husband and get my wife a Mother's Day present 'from' our daughter. Thought a photo album of the babies first year would be nice, as we have taken loads of photos but never had them developed. I picked out a nice photo album, went to Boots, hooked my phone up to the machine and spend a while carefully selecting the photos for the correct size for the album. Got home, put all the photos in, wrapped the present and felt happy.

The next day I meet my wife in town after work and we go for a bite to eat, she takes me into paperchase as there is something she wants to look at. She emerges from the back of the shop with a glossy Peter Rabbit photo album and says 'I was thinking it would be nice to get a photo album with pictures of Bea in it, but I've been waiting for the perfect album and this is it!' To make matters worse the photo album she picked is for photos of a different size to the one I bought, so I can't even go and return the original album and use the photos from that one and put it in the one she wanted. So I'm faced with going and buying the one she wants, buying a whole set of new photos in the correct size and just not caring about the cost of the defunct album and photos, or I give her the one I've already made but know she will be secretly disappointed that I've got her something which isn't quite what she wants.

1fcf87939746b1c0987b4d6a27cb6fbb_boot20k

pie-clip-art-black-and-white-pie-clipart

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

She definitely knows you've bought that photo album, she's found the album/receipt or seen your bank statement.

You've been had mate!

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

You'll get brownie points for getting it done before being told. You could put a new picture on the first page of the other album.

Give her the one you've got, they're always disappointed with one thing or another, "your knob is too small", "your knob is too thin", "you came already", "is that it"? she'll just add that to her list and move on.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Give her the one you've got, they're always disappointed with one thing or another, "your knob is too small", "your knob is too thin", "you came already", "is that it"? she'll just add that to her list and move on.

"Are you in yet?" is a bit dispiriting too.

Bought my nephew a watch for his birthday but he's a big lad and it was too tight so I said I'd get it sorted for him. Me and my GF took it to the jewellers to see if he could add a link but he said he couldn't as he doesn't have a match. I thought we were fecked til she asked him if he could remove a link instead, which he did. She then took the watch back to the shop where I bought it and told them it had broken and they exchanged it no problem. She then took the new watch back to the jeweller and asked him to add the link he'd removed from the other watch. Job done.

And yes, I rewarded her with sexual intercourse last night. It was the least I could do.

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

And yes, I rewarded her with sexual intercourse last night. It was the least I could do in the circumstance.

Are you sure '"rewarded" was the word you were looking for? 

Maybe 'subjected'?

Are you sure '"rewarded" was the word you were looking for? 

Maybe 'subjected'?

'Maybe' you're right, she kept on saying, over and over, that she just wanted me to 'put the car in the garage' but I thought that was a euphemism. Now that I think of it, it was pissing down last night.