Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Guest The Phoenix

I had to do mid term break this year, want me to copy and paste it for you?

PM it to me :ph34r:

I failed btw but it's better than nothing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pure genius.

"Examine the individual dreams of the main characters and how the characters react when these dreams ate ultimately shattered"

Edit: That's pretty easy and I only have two sections to do. Lennie = Litchieforlife.

Seems failry straight forward, would love to help, but its been 4 years since I did it and I deleted my essay's and remember very little of it.

There's a website full of free essays that I used to pass my English. Had to do To Kill a Mockingbird, never read the book yet still passed.

btw if you ever get the chance, watch the film, top notch.

That's my serious post out the way for this week.

I do believe that's a facepalm.

That's the standard response from me everytime I read a Lichtieforlife post.

I did a critical essay on 'Mid-Term Break' in Standard Grade. I can remember the contrast between life and death in the line 'Wearing a poppy bruise on his left temple' or something like that. It was a shit poem, but I got a 1 for my essay, stuck it in my folio as well.

My folio has two pieces in it and it's to be sent away in 4 weeks. These pieces are also from 3rd year and they are, well... Shite and are only getting sent away as a last resort. I've fucked about too much and it came to bite me in the arse when I only managed a 3 in my prelim. I wish I listened to my teacher when she said:

"The last thing you want is to have lots of essays to do in the run up to your exams"

At least you have a folio. Our teacher lost half of the folios for our class. Mine included. A whole folio in 4 weeks was murder, thankfully I had a few saved on my computer though. She was completely inept and spent more time fucking about talking about fucking shoes to her favourites in the class than actually teaching, but she was best mates with the English PT so nothing was ever done about her being completely useless.

I've decided to "Go Linux" for a month on my office PC.

The things I use at work (web, LaTeX, Netbeans, Word) are all either available for Ubuntu, or (in the case of the latter) has something that can read its files. So I'm partitioning the hard drive via Remote Desktop right now, and will install it tomorrow.

For a computer geek like me, it should be an interesting experiment.

describe the experience.:o but also, your internet is still working! my tumbledryer kills my wifi!:)

also hope you're holding up.

Thankfully, I'm about 130km from the epicentre today, would normally have been about 5km from it.

I must admit I'm not holding up quite as well as I thought, I'll get there.

I have an HRM essay in for mid-night. I thought it was mid-night next week (well that's what the tutor said anyway <_< ) so I haven't done much. Ho-hum.

I also had a look on the Politics 'forum' on MyPlace. It's always a good place to find a laugh at some rant from someone. Incidentally one of the best rants is from someone who is in my tutorial group and he is a right wee activist. He and his activist mates attempted to apprehend Steven Purcell on Argyle Street once but were stopped by his mob henchmen - apparently.