Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I was a standby for my friend's team on Eggheads today. I actually quite enjoyed it even though I didn't get to be on the TV. They had agreed to split the money 6 ways and give me a share if they won, but unfortunately they lost the final round.

Unlucky :(

Pnb is getting there in tv stakes tho. First Andy, then you. Who's next??

It inspired me to try to get on one of those type of shows, so I fired away an application to Countdown earlier. There isn't any money involved, but at least I'd get to meet Jeff Stelling and the lovely Rachel.

Guest The Phoenix

Allegedly VikingTON's on Gay TV every night.

TBF, I maybe misheard and what was said was that he tunes into Gay TV every night.

Allegedly VikingTON's on Gay TV every night.

TBF, I maybe misheard and what was said was that he tunes into Gay TV every night.

I think you misheard and thought someone called you 'funny'. wink.gif

Edited by vikingTON

Waldo (Stenny fan) who posts on here was on The Weakest Link a while back. He lost in the head to head final round.

The Clyde physio (Iain McKinlay) was on it a while back too, think he got down to the final 4. I mind it well cause even Anne Robinson was ripping the pish when he said he was involved with Clyde. Ginger boot.

Guest The Phoenix
GB

It's A Knockout 1976

Heat 7

Event Staged: Sunday 23rd May 1976

Venue: Kings Park, Stirling, Central Scotland

Transmission:

BBC1 (GB): Friday 2nd July 1976, 8.00-9.00pm

Teams: Stirling v. Edinburgh v. Linlithgow

I was in the Stirling team for that. :lol:

I purchased a Powerball today. I have a £50 Argos voucher so I still have £30 left (might get some dumbells). It's a fiddly thing to start up and keep going - mainly because I've never used one before - but by f**k does it have some effect. My arms are aching :lol: I should probably have got the one that has an easier starting method than the starting cord, but it was £10 dearer. Anyone got a Powerball and can offer me tips?

Another thing I shall share with you all is that I just discovered that Jack White does the backing vocals on 'Danger! High Voltage' by Electric Six.

Guest The Phoenix

"And here comes The Phoenix representing Stirling " tongue.gif

:lol:

It wasn't quite so "sophisticated" in those days!

For the marathon game I wore a pair of white swimming trunks and had to jump into a tyre.

For our "Joker" game I had my ankles bound together and had to kick a huge inflatable ball half filled with water into a set of goals.

Edited by The Phoenix

Due to the closure of A+E in Kirkcaldy at night they have decided to double staff the Labs in Dunfermline and I've got my first ever nightshift tonight.

The extra pounds will pay for my holiday and spending money later in the year so I guess I can't complain.