Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I must be about the same time dry, though I was missing it yesterday and struggled a bit. Been a more productive person. If I said what I’d been up to today it would sound like some shite Brian Blessed would come out with.

Leading your brave Hawk Men in an assault on Mingo City in order to depose the cruel Ming The Merciless?

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 8 weeks and I don't miss it one bit. I never thought I would ever say either of those things. 

Never knew that.

54 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I must be about the same time dry, though I was missing it yesterday and struggled a bit. Been a more productive person. If I said what I’d been up to today it would sound like some shite Brian Blessed would come out with.

Think you might've mentioned it.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why, may I ask?

A number of reasons really. Wife was heavily pregnant and not keeping great so wanted to be able to drive any time, then her waters broke and she could have gone into labour anytime, then a couple weeks later she did go into labour. Just now i need to be able to drive at a moments notice with the wee one in intensive care, wife still not keeping great though a bit better, but don't fancy being half cut around her either, and also having found a non alcoholic beer I like. It was always the taste for me and not the alcohol I enjoyed. 

On 21/09/2018 at 15:07, MSU said:

My book now has a cover. A part of the story is called Things to do in Tesco When You’re Dead, set during the night shift, so it’s in keeping with the story. Should have a physical copy to proof read in the next ten days. 238 pages. £9 a pop over there. $11 over here. Ebook to come. Ridiculously excited. 

398D4D9C-DA3F-4508-AB5D-677AA0E26606.jpeg

DC Thomson will sue your ass- this is the Scottish Book of the Dead: 

5ba6c5d7ebfeb_peoplesfriendannual.jpg.1bf1a3151b777302a889f3a57dcbfbdd.jpg

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I was at the Falkirk game on my own today.  Of course there were other folk there but not with me.

It must be the first time in over 20 years I have gone to a game on my own, it felt strange.

I thought you weren't allowed to go near Bairns on your own... 

55 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

DC Thomson will sue your ass- this is the Scottish Book of the Dead: 

5ba6c5d7ebfeb_peoplesfriendannual.jpg.1bf1a3151b777302a889f3a57dcbfbdd.jpg

Haha! The first batch of covers the publisher presented to me weren't all that far from this. In fact, I think one of them was Balamory. Credit where it's due, they listened to me when I said that I think something a bit darker was more fitting and heuchter teuchter wasn't really the way to go.

A number of reasons really. Wife was heavily pregnant and not keeping great so wanted to be able to drive any time, then her waters broke and she could have gone into labour anytime, then a couple weeks later she did go into labour. Just now i need to be able to drive at a moments notice with the wee one in intensive care, wife still not keeping great though a bit better, but don't fancy being half cut around her either, and also having found a non alcoholic beer I like. It was always the taste for me and not the alcohol I enjoyed. 
hope they both turn for the better bud. my son was very ill when born so understand the worry you must have. all the best

13 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Peppino Impastato