Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

23 hours ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

My Mrs wants her tits done for her birthday, anyone got £4k they don't want I could have

Tell her to get just the one done, see how she likes it before you splash out [Kenneth Williams pic goes here] the full amount.

Went to view a house on Saturday that has been converted into two flats. The conversion wasn't really thought through. While access to the upstairs flat isn't too bad, with an outside staircase fitted and one of the walls ripped out to put in a door, the staircase on the inside simply had a wall built on it at the halfway point. So the upstairs flat has a couple of stairs walking down into the wall, and the downstairs flat has a few stairs that walk up into the wall. Just looked fucking bizarre to be honest.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Were you not saying estate agents stuck to 9-5 mon-fri like gospel?

Normally they do. In this case the boy had a lot of interest in the house and arranged an open viewing on Saturday. From the state of the place I think he took a calculated gamble. The area is difficult to buy in and the price is about average for the size of the place, but the amount of work needing done would put the vast majority of folk off. I think he figured this was the best way to get a lot of bodies through the door and not end up arranging a f**k load of separate viewings for folk who say no as soon as they see the inside of it. We've actually made a tentative offer, 30% below the asking price.

23 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Normally they do. In this case the boy had a lot of interest in the house and arranged an open viewing on Saturday. From the state of the place I think he took a calculated gamble. The area is difficult to buy in and the price is about average for the size of the place, but the amount of work needing done would put the vast majority of folk off. I think he figured this was the best way to get a lot of bodies through the door and not end up arranging a f**k load of separate viewings for folk who say no as soon as they see the inside of it. We've actually made a tentative offer, 30% below the asking price.

That's less than tentative, imho.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's less than tentative, imho.

It verges on the "Cheeky" side for sure, but the amount of time, energy and money that need put into it, I don't think it would be worth taking for anything above what I've said to the guy. If someone else thinks it is worth more then good luck to them. I expect it will sell not that far off our number, and would be amazed(Also slightly worried) if it went for the current asking price.

Just now, Ross. said:

It verges on the "Cheeky" side for sure, but the amount of time, energy and money that need put into it, I don't think it would be worth taking for anything above what I've said to the guy. If someone else thinks it is worth more then good luck to them. I expect it will sell not that far off our number, and would be amazed(Also slightly worried) if it went for the current asking price.

It gives you a bit of room for manoeuvre, and if you get it for that what you save on the asking price - which you can presumably afford - will help pay for the upgrade required.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Are you looking to buy the whole house and put it back to how it was?

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are you looking to buy the whole house and put it back to how it was?

Right now it is a very strange mix of 2 two bedroom places. I say strange because one is on the ground floor and first floor, while the other is entirely upstairs. The flat upstairs only has one bathroom however, which is an en-suite in the larger bedroom. Initial thought was to change the layout slightly and convert it to a 3 bedroom and 1 bedroom flat, and rent out the smaller one. The way the conversion was done originally makes this impossible, so if we buy it we'll convert back to one house and leave it at that.

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It gives you a bit of room for manoeuvre, and if you get it for that what you save on the asking price - which you can presumably afford - will help pay for the upgrade required.

I'm not that fussed about it now, having seen it. The offer we have made is pretty much take it or leave it. If we get it at that price I'll be happy to spend what is needed and stay there, if they knock it back then we'll keep waiting and spend the money on something that needs very little done to it. The big selling point is the area, though that aspect of it is more important to my missus than me!

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

that's a house designed by the Edinburgh City Council Director of Traffic...

It was the original design for the stand at the new Meadowbank Stadium. Rejected because it was too big.

Was taking the good lady wife to the shops late this morning, I know it's a great way to spend your day off, and we passed the old guy who lives round the corner from us, he was cutting his grass, it's February and he was cutting his grass, even the wife thought he's lost is marbles, I give it a fortnight and the wife will be hinting that ours needs cut as well. Madness.

First week in April find out if I either get made redundant , keep same hours n carry on like normal or get reduced hours.

Great start to the week.

Cheers media
Hope it works out for you mate. Whats the media got to do with it though ?

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

First week in April find out if I either get made redundant , keep same hours n carry on like normal or get reduced hours.

Great start to the week.

Cheers media

Shite state of affairs. 

Get a pre contract signed up with Asda. As your agent I’ll only take 50%.