Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Probably do one on the play "A man for all seasons" and do one on the poem "basking shark". Thats if they come up!!!!! If they don't im fucked!!

Close reading should be ok.

Just make the question fit those pieces you have planned. That's what I'm doing...

Guy in my school is getting done for attempted murder.

When I was in 5th year, a boy I went to primary school (and secondary school to an extent) with stabbed his mate's dad in the neck and body several times after a 24 hour drinking and drug bender. Mental shit, mental shit indeed.

She's got Hamlet, Cone Gatherers, 3 poems and George Orwell's Shooting an Elephant up her sleeve so she should be covered for questions short of a really arsey paper setter.

That's a bit excessive. You only need 2, questions are guaranteed to come up for it and if not then you manipulate the question. 8) I went in with The Great Gatsby and Hamlet and that was fine. I got a B for Higher English after I got a C at Int 2.

I have a Maths exam tomorrow afternoon and then my final exam of this semester on Monday, and that's me finished until August. :D

George Galloway on Neil Lennon. This is a facebook link, so if you can't see it, I'm sure it can be copied and pasted.

I read the first couple of lines of this. I actually got as far as the reference to Lennon as "courageously outspoken" and then I got annoyed. Don't get me wrong, what happened last night shouldn't have happened and I've yet to see a convincing reason that makes sending bombs or bullets through the post is acceptable, but "courageously outspoken"? No, not at all. He swans around when he's not in any immediate danger, cupping his ears to opposition fans in a "ha, f**k you" gesture, but last night, when someone decided that he was a dick and what he really needed was a good slap, he was clearly terrified and really quite shaken. He's not courageous in any sense of the word, he is a coward and an arsehole. I'd be terrified if I were him too, of course, but then one might suggest that acting the swaggering big man the way he does he should probably accept that he's going to wind people up, and when you're invovled with the Old Firm, you can really wind people up.

I would never condone the actions of the idiots involved in either the mail nonsense or the idiot last night, but I'm not about to say that Lennon is anything he's not either.

That's a bit excessive. You only need 2, questions are guaranteed to come up for it and if not then you manipulate the question. 8) I went in with The Great Gatsby and Hamlet and that was fine. I got a B for Higher English after I got a C at Int 2.

It's not that excessive. You always want to have a genuine choice as to which questions you answer if possible. Certainly I went into the final exam 3 years ago with Macbeth, Cone Gatherers, two Philip Larkin poems and one Robert Browning poem prepared and ready to answer questions on. The poetry questions were really naff, the novel ones were a bit shit and the play ones were quite good. I'd prepared hoping that Cone Gatherers would be a last resort, but in the end it was the better of the two essays I wrote (the other being on Macbeth).

When I was in 5th year, a boy I went to primary school (and secondary school to an extent) with stabbed his mate's dad in the neck and body several times after a 24 hour drinking and drug bender. Mental shit, mental shit indeed.

A Mr McIntyre? If it's the boy I'm thinking of, I used to knock about with him back when I lived up in the army kinda area of Raigmore. Amazing to see how some people have turned out :lol:

A Mr McIntyre? If it's the boy I'm thinking of, I used to knock about with him back when I lived up in the army kinda area of Raigmore. Amazing to see how some people have turned out :lol:

Indeed :lol:

He was sound as f**k in school, but Christ knows what happened.

Indeed :lol:

He was sound as f**k in school, but Christ knows what happened.

Just did a wee Facebook search for him (all I seem to be doing tonight, which is unfortunate when I have an exam in the morning) and it says he works at 'Jiro junkie', whatever that means :lol:

:lol:

Incidentally that brings me on to another story. Gather round children.

In the Easter holidays I was back in Inverness and spent one week of them working at the holiday club I work at. So we take the younger group of children all the way over to Whin Park in Inverness. It's a cracking day and everyone is enjoying themselves. All of a sudden this female duck is waddling as fast as she can away from two male ducks. Next thing one of the male ducks launches himself 3 feet forward and decides that he would like to hear the pitter-patter of tiny duckling feet in the future. It's hilarious to see this duck raping the female duck whilst she tries to run and fly away, but he's not getting off her for nobody - including one of the children we are looking after. The child runs after the two ducks shouting "Get off her, stop jumping on her. She doesn't want you to hurt her" - completely oblivious to what is going on - whilst myself and every other member of staff are in tears of laughter. A duck shagging another duck, whilst a child tries to break it up, is an absolutely priceless moment.

In the Easter holidays I was back in Inverness and spent one week of them working at the holiday club I work at. So we take the younger group of children all the way over to Whin Park in Inverness. It's a cracking day and everyone is enjoying themselves. All of a sudden this female duck is waddling as fast as she can away from two male ducks. Next thing one of the male ducks launches himself 3 feet forward and decides that he would like to hear the pitter-patter of tiny duckling feet in the future. It's hilarious to see this duck raping the female duck whilst she tries to run and fly away, but he's not getting off her for nobody - including one of the children we are looking after. The child runs after the two ducks shouting "Get off her, stop jumping on her. She doesn't want you to hurt her" - completely oblivious to what is going on - whilst myself and every other member of staff are in tears of laughter. A duck shagging another duck, whilst a child tries to break it up, is an absolutely priceless moment.

It must have been Canard.

I always liked this poster:

140px_Tov_lenin_ochishchaet.jpg

Duly noted and pinched. :)

There seems to be proportionally way more St Mirren, Clyde and Raith fans on P&B than there really should be.

I did a check on this in a moment of extreme procrastination, St Mirren have more than they should (accounts by attendances) because Div runs it, Clyde and Raith are quite high up with Falkirk and Morton (obviously the best group too). The runaway winners though were Berwick who have a ridiculous amount of accounts for such small attendances at games. This was all before the Kickback goons invaded the forum.

Whereas Aberdeen have a really low amount given their attendances, at least at that point in time when they weren't so shit.

That's an idea actually, maybe P&B should be a 'Champions League' with only a limited number of accounts by team. An xbl/lichtieforlife play-off in the Arbroath league.

Edited by vikingTON

Reading this drunk was very funny. +1