Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I always thought ‘Penny Arcade’ was an oddly good tune when sung en masse though it seemed a strange choice.

Roy Orbison was a huge bluenose and a bit of a player in his day.  Secretly had a trial with the Gers but couldn't see the ball and never made it.*

*I genuinely have no idea.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a powerpoint presentation as to why it's a sectarian song. 

Osprey Update

With both adults back, the nest sorted and the ritual mating done/still ongoing, it looks like the female is now settling down to lay her egg(s).  The male will likely start bringing the fish back more regularly if she is to remain in the nest over the next few days.   Nature in Scotland at its finest. 

Jim White for Sky Sports News, Dunkeld

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

53 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Roy Orbison was a huge bluenose and a bit of a player in his day.  Secretly had a trial with the Gers but couldn't see the ball and never made it.*

*I genuinely have no idea.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a powerpoint presentation as to why it's a sectarian song. 

It will be along the lines of "Rangers fans sing it, ergo..."

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The bit in the second verse about “if you don’t win today, blame the Pope and the IRA” is a bit dodgy TBF.

Guy:

1 drives 240 mile round trip to London

2 has two kids in car with him

3 claims it’s to buy bread as it’s £1 cheaper

4 gets stopped doing 110mph

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-fine-london-nottingham-leicestershire-police-a9451691.html

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Guy:

1 drives 240 mile round trip to London

2 has two kids in car with him

3 claims it’s to buy bread as it’s £1 cheaper

4 gets stopped doing 110mph

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-fine-london-nottingham-leicestershire-police-a9451691.html

Presumably  because the roads are quiet just now that's why he only got a speeding fine. In normal circumstances in Scotland if they caught you doing 110 mph you'd be charged with dangerous driving under Section 2 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. Which carries a mandatory ban and a resit of the extended driving test before you get your licence back.  

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Presumably  because the roads are quiet just now that's why he only got a speeding fine. In normal circumstances in Scotland if they caught you doing 110 mph you'd be charged with dangerous driving under Section 2 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. Which carries a mandatory ban and a resit of the extended driving test before you get your licence back.  

The article only says he got a notice for speeding, I'd expect him to get more than just the 3 points and likely a ban.

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

5060147112009.thumb.jpg.c2e18acb0a4130328f160cd2b501736c.jpg

Got one of these today. 

If anyone is tempted, don't. Even for £1 and absolutely starving it was awful. The mayo you get with it is nice enough but the 'reformed chicken' is ghastly. 

I always thought it was cruel to kill a chicken just after it had got its life back on track.