Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Watching other people play computer games is stunningly dull and I don't get why it's so popular.

Be it E-Sports or just a random person's stream, what is the appeal? It's startlingly boring.

Ha ha speccy four eyes.

Anyway, I got offered a free piece of artwork today from a highly sought after up and coming, if somewhat controversial new artist. Unfortunately I had to turn the offer down. Regretting it now as it will no doubt be worth a bob or two in a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ha ha speccy four eyes.

Anyway, I got offered a free piece of artwork today from a highly sought after up and coming, if somewhat controversial new artist. Unfortunately I had to turn the offer down. Regretting it now as it will no doubt be worth a bob or two in a couple of years.

There's a joke in there about @throbber's artwork and "Up and Coming".

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

There's a joke in there about @throbber's artwork and "Up and Coming".

All I did was suggest that phallus height 9/11 might look good in his bathroom and that he could have it free of charge before my Mrs rips it in and puts it in the bin. I didn’t take it to heart when he said he didn’t want it.

Watching other people play computer games is stunningly dull and I don't get why it's so popular.
Be it E-Sports or just a random person's stream, what is the appeal? It's startlingly boring.
I used to watch Twitch a wee bit. When I did I'd either watch a wee bit of new releases to see if the game looked like something I'd want to play and the other ones would be horror games. Usually Outlast or Resi 4. Both games I enjoyed playing but the first one in particular was a scary fecker and even watching someone playing it had a similar effect to how I felt when it was me.

Thanks for all the lovely comments.  Thinking of a change of career and starting up an Only Fans. 

Something something rangers fans, money, walking away, something...

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I spent ages slogging through Doom Eternal on the PS4 on normal difficulty. I enjoyed it, but there is an aesthetic quality to watching someone blast through it in 5 hours playing it the way the developers had wanted it played.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I used to watch Twitch a wee bit. When I did I'd either watch a wee bit of new releases to see if the game looked like something I'd want to play

That's pretty much it for me. I'll watch it if it's a game I'm looking at getting or I am struggling to get into. 

I could watch an eFIFA tournament if the guys playing are in the same room/studio and you can watch their reactions. I couldn't watch if you only saw either the game or one player. Strange. 

Limmy driving a truck randomly popped up on my YouTube suggestions the other day. Must admit I giggled at him ramming a family driving a caravan and them ending up "looking like they'd been put in the microwave". 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If everybody felt like that there would be a spare half hour on TV that Dara O'Briain wasn't on, which is against broadcasting rules.

(Though I do agree with you.)

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They either find the person streaming and playing the game to be engaging and entertaining. In the case of competitive gaming, it's the same as any other sport or competitive exercise that has spectators. You watch it to see people compete, you watch it to be entertained, you might watch certain games to watch someone good play, hear them commentate and describe what they're doing, and then improve yourself.

No amount of extraneous adverbs will make your opinion more correct than anyone else's.

22 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I’ve just seen Paul Slane limping through Glasgow Green, in one of the hottest days of the year, wearing a big black hoodie.

Some years ago I saw Gary Mackay-Steven in the West End, in July, wearing flip flops, shorts and a big puffy body warmer with the hood up. When I saw him I thought it was a bit strange and wondered why he'd have his hood up when it was so nice. A while later I realised, oh, he's a Celtic player walking about Glasgow, that'll be why he doesn't want anyone to see him. 

Come to think of it, this has no connection to your sighting of Paul Slane. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Some years ago I saw Gary Mackay-Steven in the West End, in July, wearing flip flops, shorts and a big puffy body warmer with the hood up. When I saw him I thought it was a bit strange and wondered why he'd have his hood up when it was so nice. A while later I realised, oh, he's a Celtic player walking about Glasgow, that'll be why he doesn't want anyone to see him. 

Come to think of it, this has no connection to your sighting of Paul Slane. 

An outstanding story nonetheless.

Guy at my work, a grown man with children I may add, spends hours on YouTube watching other people play computer games.

I genuinely don’t get it.