Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just did the shopping. Roasters everywhere. Some folk now clearly using the fact that they're wearing a mask and gloves as reason to ignore the one-way system and get as close to other folk as they fancy.

Angry American guy at the checkout next to me tells his mate that he wishes he was back in the States, as he'd be taking his brother's black market military-grade shotgun with him to the grocery store, so everybody would get out of his way.

Mate humouring him while giving it the best, "did ye, aye?" look.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just did the shopping. Roasters everywhere. Some folk now clearly using the fact that they're wearing a mask and gloves as reason to ignore the one-way system and get as close to other folk as they fancy.

Angry American guy at the checkout next to me tells his mate that he wishes he was back in the States, as he'd be taking his brother's black market military-grade shotgun with him to the grocery store, so everybody would get out of his way.

I find Saturday mornings are best to go for our messages, head out just before 9am, most of the troglodytes haven't got up yet.

Usually time it just right to hit the Aldi checkout at around 10am, for alcohol licensing purposes.

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

I find Saturday mornings are best to go for our messages, head out just before 9am, most of the troglodytes haven't got up yet.

Usually time it just right to hit the Aldi checkout at around 10am, for alcohol licensing purposes.

Isn't that when the key workers/elderly are supposed to have the shops to themselves, you monster?  :o

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Isn't that when the key workers/elderly are supposed to have the shops to themselves, you monster?  :o

Yeah, we get there just after 9, I totally avoid the elderly curmudgeons.

I believe Aldi is 8-9am, Iceland the same.

Edited by Silverton End

Boris's latest release hasn't helped tbh. A lot of these arseholes will justify their actions with the "but Boris said". Discovered how moronic my wife's side are during this. The latest being my sister-in-law out a walk the other night with two of her pals. My wife obviously messaged hee asking wtf she was doing and the sister has fell out with her. The other sibling went round to her nana's bit to cut her hair. Given her health, if the nana gets it she'll die. But her justification was "but she wanted her hair cut". Fucking imbeciles.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Boris's latest release hasn't helped tbh. A lot of these arseholes will justify their actions with the "but Boris said". Discovered how moronic my wife's side are during this. The latest being my sister-in-law out a walk the other night with two of her pals. My wife obviously messaged hee asking wtf she was doing and the sister has fell out with her. The other sibling went round to her nana's bit to cut her hair. Given her health, if the nana gets it she'll die. But her justification was "but she wanted her hair cut". Fucking imbeciles.

The clowns next door to us have been doing their own thing for weeks.

Having people round, out visiting, they think nothing of it.

Maybe they think that this virus will just go away, according to the science it won't, not for a while. Unfortunately it'll take for one of them to get ill to realise their selfishness/stupidity.

32 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I reckon if firearms were as freely available here as the are in the States then the number of shootings during this lockdown would be significant.  There would be a few dead joggers in Monifieth for starters.

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

The clowns next door to us have been doing their own thing for weeks.

Having people round, out visiting, they think nothing of it.

Maybe they think that this virus will just go away, according to the science it won't, not for a while. Unfortunately it'll take for one of them to get ill to realise their selfishness/stupidity.

Unless they're over 65, they'll likely just get sick for a week and recover just fine, so what's the problem?

Unfortunately, they'll never know how many people their behaviour has killed. Even then, a fair number wouldn't give a f**k.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon if firearms were as freely available here as the are in the States then the number of shootings during this lockdown would be significant.  There would be a few dead joggers in Monifieth for starters.

The answer to everything isn't murder, Granny.

Most things, sure, but not all.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Unless they're over 65, they'll likely just get sick for a week and recover just fine, so what's the problem?

Unfortunately, they'll never know how many people their behaviour has killed. Even then, a fair number wouldn't give a f**k.

We were out for a walk this afternoon and there was a jogger running towards us on the pavement.  We were going to step on  to the road as we were facing the traffic and could see nothing was coming but she did so first.  The thing is she was wearing headphones and didn’t even look as she stepped off the pavement; a considerate move but not a clever one.

Your first part is the attitude her family appear to have. Not realising that the nana would absolutely not recover yet see no problem going to visit her. It really has made them go right down in my estimation after this. Really didn't think they'd be as stupid.

56 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I don't know him but I wish he was back in the States - sounds like the type that would clear a room just by talking, so nae need for a gun.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Your first part is the attitude her family appear to have. Not realising that the nana would absolutely not recover yet see no problem going to visit her. It really has made them go right down in my estimation after this. Really didn't think they'd be as stupid.

Folk just don't think it's going to happen to them, until it does. Most folk who get pished and drive haven't considered they genuinely might kill someone. Presumably contemplating intangibles is difficult for our poor wee brains.

I recommend large amount of shouting, bellowing and, when all else fails, a good roar sometimes does the trick. I think I had to repeat the phrase "you are going to die" about two dozen times before I could dissuade my mother from heading to the supermarket on public transport, but we got there in the end.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why would I be jealous of a dead jogger?

Having read your posts, I think we're all a bit envious.

I'm kidding, you old fart.

I’ve just referenced virginton in a thread and it’s come up virginton.

This might not be new but I’ve not noticed it before.

Not sure if this is hilarious or discriminatory.

ETA I see what’s happening here.  John McVey is a tit.

Edited by Granny Danger

I’ve just referenced virginton in a thread and it’s come up virginton.
This might not be new but I’ve not noticed it before.
Not sure if this is hilarious or discriminatory.
ETA I see what’s happening here.  John McVey is a tit.
Aye it's been like that for a while.