Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not alone !!!!!  I am not alone !!!!!!!!!  😎😆

(Never been to Blackpool though.)

Us old farts should perhaps take a trip then. We can find a quiet back street pub and moan about things. I already have a bunnet but haven't yet plucked up the courage to wear a tie with a v-neck jumper.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

This, plus making an 'oooooft' noise any time you sit down, stand up again, bend over to tie your laces, etc. 

🤣 Just this week I realised I've been doing this every time I get off the couch. I had no idea and I'm not sure how long it's been going on. I had to ask Mrs. Shotgun to tell me if she catches me doing it so I can try and break the habit.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently one risk point of spreading Covid indoors is speaking loudly so a lot of pubs, bars and restaurants are going to stop having loud music.  I think this development makes all the death and economic destruction worthwhile.

I distinctly remember the first time I heard myself complain about the music being so loud in here you couldn't have a decent conversation. I was only in my thirties and at the time, I was horrified that those words had come out of my mouth. They say we all turn into our parents eventually and at 57, I am in many ways disturbingly like my Dad.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I managed to gather £1.10  mostly in coolers and bought a Bombay bad boy from the paper shop across the road from me and counted out the pennies in front of the shop keeper who looked absolutely disgusted at me throughout the transaction. Then when I was eating it I had a phone call from an agency about a possible job (which I never got btw) and the pot noodle was cold when I got back to it.

It's as if Peter Ustinov was in the room.

Blackpool is an absolute shitehole. It's really depressing to be there during the day and see everything crumbling round you from what was clearly a cracking wee resort back in the day.

It is an absolute brilliant place to visit every now and then though!

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is Dr Who a woman now? It's political correctness gone mad, I tell you. 

The exact reason why I never watch it now. Not because the title character is now a woman but because of the political correctness pish.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Those are the only two times anyone has ever expressed a view to me directly about the issue that seems to break the internet every ten minutes.

I still don't see how those kind of views are any different to the 'backs to the wall' stuff that gay men had to put up with, and probably still do.

People need to accept that these are problems that exist in their head.

11 minutes ago, supermik said:

The exact reason why I never watch it now. Not because the title character is now a woman but because of the political correctness pish.

Go on. This should be good.

Spoiler

source.gif

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Pot Noodles are absolutely horrific.

No idea why anyone gets annoyed at someone else wishing to identify with the gender of their choice, or why anyone else feels it's their business.

Bowie was supremely overrated. Definitely one of the most overrated of all time. Perhaps you had to have been around when he was in his prime. I can see how his look/style and different approach to music would have been a big standout at the time, but I find him a bland creep with a couple of decent tunes and a whole lot of 'meh'.

That was all going so well until the final paragraph.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

I has been said that some like the noodles from a pot noodle in a buttered roll.

Buttered toast and beans, ya bass.

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I went through a beans on toast phase over ten years ago and found french mustard on the buttered toast before adding the beans gives it a nice twist.

Edit: whole grain mustard is also a winner.

I may actually try that someday.

I've been using vinegar up to now.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Blackpool serves a similar role in the UK as the planet Jupiter does in the Solar System with its strong gravitational pull.

And its highly poisonous atmosphere. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I went through a beans on toast phase over ten years ago and found french mustard on the buttered toast before adding the beans gives it a nice twist.

Edit: whole grain mustard is also a winner.

Marmite on buttered toast topped with baked beans is the dog's dangly bits

22 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Am i right in saying it was you that started a thread, on shagging amputees in a pram?

So if you read that you'll have read the context then, yes?