Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Came home from a wee NY break in deepest darkest Angus to find a 5ft yucca that I grew from a pup is dying and cannot be saved. Overwatered by me, I think, stupid twat that I am. (Plenty ammunition here for the PnB punnist / sarkysquad to get stuck in..........)

Mrs F_P not impressed.

Feck.

morrissey-still-mad-kimmel_xmujt1.jpeg

It has absolutely kicked off in a WhatsApp group I'm part of where someone claimed that a parent who works away for a week/weeks a time has made very poor choices with regards to parenthood (they did specify this wasn't in relation to someone low paid doing it out of necessity, got the feeling it was more aimed at oil rig workers etc)

Iv slept for 4 out the last 51 hours.

I have done this count because I need to keep my mind active until I can get another 4 hours.

All over the place, heartburn, guts fucked, feel like a massive hangover, sore head. Probably taking time off the back end of my innings here [emoji17]

Nae wonder sleep deprivation gets used as torture. Id sing like a canary for 8 hours toes up the now.

13 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

It has absolutely kicked off in a WhatsApp group I'm part of where someone claimed that a parent who works away for a week/weeks a time has made very poor choices with regards to parenthood (they did specify this wasn't in relation to someone low paid doing it out of necessity, got the feeling it was more aimed at oil rig workers etc)

My old boss was away all the time - but by choice. Always at a conference and the likes. 

I remember him phoning me about work from somewhere or other overseas and he finished the call by saying "I hope my flight isn't late. I want to be home before my son goes to bed at 9. It's his birthday." His son was about 5 at the time. 

Stepdaughter nr 2 and her daughter both affected by carbon monoxide, the carbon monoxide detectors were not wired up to the electrical system. They ended up at A&E where her aunt got her to the top of the queue, but because they had opened up windows and ventilated the room they got rid of most of it before the Fire Brigade and H&S turned up.

The whole building had to be evacuated and left vacant for 24 hours.

The landlord was trying to blame my stepdaughter but it's not her responsibility to check if the detectors are wired up correctly.

I'd imagine there will be official reports now that the FB and H&S are involved.

The pair of them probably had a lucky escape.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

If she didn't have a cabriolet before she's sure got one now.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Stepdaughter nr 2 and her daughter both affected by carbon monoxide, the carbon monoxide detectors were not wired up to the electrical system. They ended up at A&E where her aunt got her to the top of the queue, but because they had opened up windows and ventilated the room they got rid of most of it before the Fire Brigade and H&S turned up.

The landlord was trying to blame my stepdaughter but it's not her responsibility to check if the detectors are wired up correctly.

I'd imagine there will be official reports now that the FB and H&S are involved.

Blimey Charlie. 

Bit of a wake up call for anyone on here in rented accommodation. Or, erm, anyone in their own gaff who hasn't checked the alarms in a few months  :shutup

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

When my wife was a teenager the same thing happened to her. Her, her mum and her sister were affected by it. 

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Blimey Charlie. 

Bit of a wake up call for anyone on here in rented accommodation. Or, erm, anyone in their own gaff who hasn't checked the alarms in a few months  :shutup

Top floor is accomodation, middle floor (stepdaughter's floor) is her & daughter's beauty salon, bottom floor is another commercial enterprise, as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Sounds good. Are they still recruiting?

You've got more chance of another Crusade, same kind of thing, pretty much like an uninvited stag party touring Europe and the Middle East for years on end.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You've got more chance of another Crusade, same kind of thing, pretty much like an uninvited stag party touring Europe and the Middle East for years on end.

Don't wanna piss on your chips but the last crusade was in 1989 unfortunately 

image.thumb.jpeg.9ddf0eeeb6b96d5b9210ca477506ddc6.jpeg