Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

24 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife is going into hospital on Monday to get her gall bladder removed,I have the kids for 2 days.

Pray for me.

Fuxake Andy. You’ll manage. As will the kids. I think Mrs Dufresne might have a wee tet more on her plate! 

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife is going into hospital on Monday to get her gall bladder removed,I have the kids for 2 days.

Pray for me.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Fuxake Andy. You’ll manage. As will the kids. I think Mrs Dufresne might have a wee tet more on her plate! 

I'd rather have my gall bladder removed tbf, thoughts and prayers with you Andy.

As an ex-pat (hate that saying). I click on the BBC news website for updates, get lot's off shite about cheetas in India.

I then proceed to UK news, and hang my head in shame....is it really that bad?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-66476538

@Ross. @Duszek @Eednud @hk blues @Swarley

Do you also read and shake you're head, to see what is going on back home. It's fucking depressing.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

As an ex-pat (hate that saying). I click on the BBC news website for updates, get lot's off shite about cheetas in India.

Do you also read and shake you're head, to see what is going on back home. It's fucking depressing.

Only every day.  To be fair though, I avoid local news here which is probably equally depressing.  

Off the top of my head  in the past few weeks and I only know about them because they directly affect me -

We have paper driving licences as they've ran out of plastic.

There is a 5-year backlog for licence plates.

The recently introduced national ID card fades after a year or so.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

From time to time, but I try to avoid it. The news here is usually depressing enough without seeing what a shit show the UK has turned into post Brexit. 

13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Only every day.  To be fair though, I avoid local news here which is probably equally depressing.  

Off the top of my head  in the past few weeks and I only know about them because they directly affect me -

We have paper driving licences as they've ran out of plastic.

There is a 5-year backlog for licence plates.

The recently introduced national ID card fades after a year or so.

Yes, same for local news, however, we're not  the red, white and blue of democracy. 

I  now  read about MP's enjoying(celebrating) a food bank being opened in there town.

What the f**k has happened? and why is everyone watching it happening.  

Edited by SlipperyP

7 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, same for local news, however, we're not  the red, white and blue of democracy. 

I  now  read about MP's enjoying(celebrating) a food bank being opened in there town.

What the f**k has happened? and why is everyone watching it happening.  

Aye, I get your point.

When it's got to the point we're comparing the UK to the developing world shiteholes we live in (no disrespect mate) then there's a problem. 

For the 1st time in 2 seasons I can now watch EPL and SPL football live through legitimate means.  Setanta now provide coverage in the Philippines and the icing on the cake is it's free (at least for now).

Happy Days.  

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Do you also read and shake your head, to see what is going on back home. It's fucking depressing.

Pretty much a daily occurrence that I look at the UK news and at least one story has me audibly going “For fucks sake”.

I was on some shitty site yesterday where I had to wear a boilersuit.  The one supplied was slightly too short in the body bit I thought I'd make do, it was fucking roasting and a mix of the heat and constantly having to fight against the coveralls has completely ruined me. I can't get out my bed.

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I was on some shitty site yesterday where I had to wear a boilersuit.  The one supplied was slightly too short in the body bit I thought I'd make do, it was fucking roasting and a mix of the heat and constantly having to fight against the coveralls has completely ruined me. I can't get out my bed.

Take them off mate, that might help you get out your kip.