Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 21/06/2023 at 17:05, GordonD said:

Had an MRI scan on my leg last week, part of the routine follow-up to having a sarcoma removed last year.

Got the result today - all clear!

Celebration.gif

Excellent news :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently I am not tied to my optician but they've taken all my details and I don't want to phone around loads to get seen sooner and have my phone constantly ringing with opticians wanting to speak to me about my eyes.

When they want to talk to you about other parts of your body, get them blocked.

I had a hospital appointment yesterday about my eyes. (I've got glaucoma - I've also got a cataract starting now.) I was there early and they took me right away, there seemed to be a distinct lack of patients. An hour and a quarter later I left, I certainly got my money's worth with everything from measuring my field of vision to an eye scan to your standard eye test.

Keep taking the eye drops, and back in 6 months.

34 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It would be a lot easier to read than the authorised version, imho

Aye maybe but as soon as you started reading it some twat from Fraserburgh would appear from nowhere and started loudly insisting that "I BET YOU DINNA EVEN KEN FIT THAT MEANS HAHAHAHAHA"

44 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I had a hospital appointment yesterday about my eyes. (I've got glaucoma - I've also got a cataract starting now.) I was there early and they took me right away, there seemed to be a distinct lack of patients.

Maybe the place was packed but you just didn't see them.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Maybe the place was packed but you just didn't see them.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

:lol:

Glad you saw the funny side (no pun intended that time) as I felt a bit guilty, especially after your response to my MRI post!

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Glad you saw the funny side (no pun intended that time) as I felt a bit guilty, especially after your response to my MRI post!

My eyes aren't that bad, my eyesight is still up to DVLA requirements, according to the doctor, so that'll do me.

54 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

When they want to talk to you about other parts of your body, get them blocked.

I had a hospital appointment yesterday about my eyes. (I've got glaucoma - I've also got a cataract starting now.) I was there early and they took me right away, there seemed to be a distinct lack of patients. An hour and a quarter later I left, I certainly got my money's worth with everything from measuring my field of vision to an eye scan to your standard eye test.

Keep taking the eye drops, and back in 6 months.

'Much was it?

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I had a disciplinary case a few weeks back. The student claimed that she plagiarised her coursework because she was having eye irritation caused by contact lenses. 

I feel a bit of sympathy for these cheats, must be hard not to be tempted if you're falling way behind in your work and you hear about other students getting away with it. Didn't used to be an option in my day or I might have tried it on occasion. Though I think I'd have had the sense to use it as template and totally rewrite it.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently I am not tied to my optician but they've taken all my details and I don't want to phone around loads to get seen sooner and have my phone constantly ringing with opticians wanting to speak to me about my eyes.

Ya 4 eyed nerd. 🤓

Hope you're ok mate, just a shame you need to look in the mirror at that mug.