Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 28/10/2023 at 17:58, Boghead ranter said:

One of the best accounts to follow on X/Twitter. 

Even after all this time, still catches out daft gammons.

I've never head of him but it was too extreme to be taken as serious. Made me smile though. 

I was due to have my fourth chemo session on Friday but prior to that I had an appointment with the consultant to get the results of my CT scan.

The tumours in my left lung have shrunk and those in my right lung haven't grown since last time.😀

However he said he'd not been aware of the slow healing of the ulcers on my leg (caused by the radiotherapy earlier in the year) - not sure why as everything would be in my medical file - so he has suspended the remaining chemo sessions for the time being to allow the leg to heal. I've to see him again in six weeks' time when he will decide if the chemo should be resumed then or later.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I was due to have my fourth chemo session on Friday but prior to that I had an appointment with the consultant to get the results of my CT scan.

The tumours in my left lung have shrunk and those in my right lung haven't grown since last time.😀

However he said he'd not been aware of the slow healing of the ulcers on my leg (caused by the radiotherapy earlier in the year) - not sure why as everything would be in my medical file - so he has suspended the remaining chemo sessions for the time being to allow the leg to heal. I've to see him again in six weeks' time when he will decide if the chemo should be resumed then or later.

How's the chemo been?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How's the chemo been?

Most of my hair has fallen out (see photo on previous post) and I feel really knackered as the day goes on but other than that, no real side effects. No sickness or diarrhoea, fortunately.

8 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Most of my hair has fallen out (see photo on previous post) and I feel really knackered as the day goes on but other than that, no real side effects. No sickness or diarrhoea, fortunately.

I was nearly bald before I had mine so I didn't really notice hair loss. Used to get a shaky day or so about a week after each session but I think the steroids they gave me stopped me feeling too knackered.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

he said he'd not been aware of the slow healing of the ulcers on my leg (caused by the radiotherapy earlier in the year) - not sure why as everything would be in my medical file 

A few years back one of the mini-ranters had an issue that involved him having to see medical professionals across multiple hospitals - Forth Valley, Gartnavel, QE Sick Kids and Great Ormond St. 

While all the individual staff were brilliant, the system that should have allowed them to see the notes of tests/treatments/discussions at the other places was really poor, virtually non existent. They actually started to rely on Mrs Ranter's comprehensive notes from previous appointments, rather than what they had on file.

Doesn't seem as if that situation has improved any - glad you're doing well though.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

A few years back one of the mini-ranters had an issue that involved him having to see medical professionals across multiple hospitals - Forth Valley, Gartnavel, QE Sick Kids and Great Ormond St. 

While all the individual staff were brilliant, the system that should have allowed them to see the notes of tests/treatments/discussions at the other places was really poor, virtually non existent. They actually started to rely on Mrs Ranter's comprehensive notes from previous appointments, rather than what they had on file.

Doesn't seem as if that situation has improved any - glad you're doing well though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67239548

Not just in Scotland

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/31/american-xl-bully-dogs-to-be-banned-in-england-and-wales

"American XL bully dogs will be added to the list of banned breeds from 31 December, the government has confirmed, as it released further details of how the ban will be implemented.

Rules coming into force at the end of year will make it illegal to breed, sell, advertise, exchange, gift, rehome, abandon or allow to stray XL bully dogs in England and Wales."