Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Sounds as daft as the 'leaves on the line' announcement you hear in autumn, but both are actually very valid. If any balloon or other object gets caught in the trains pantograph it can cause damage or rip down the 25Kv overhead lines causing hours worth of delays to repair. Best not to take chances, unless the balloon was George Galloway, in which case I'd just have been happy to see the cnut fry.

(Here ends today's boring, train driver input).

Today I learned that a 'pantograph' exists, and it's nothing like what I'd have guessed.

10 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Got the ball tbf.

Classic Honduras. This is exactly why everyone was delighted when they didn't qualify for the World Cup in 2018.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The guy who escaped from prison has pled not guilty to escaping from prison.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66876658

Good on him. 

"I was in the kitchen, I bent over to tie my shoelaces and a passing van snagged my t-shirt. Before I knew it I was being dragged under the van for miles. It wasn't my fault."

27 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Good on him. 

"I was in the kitchen, I bent over to tie my shoelaces and a passing van snagged my t-shirt. Before I knew it I was being dragged under the van for miles. It wasn't my fault."

There’s no van access in the kitchen at Belmarsh.

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It's attitudes like this that stop innocent folk being given a fair trial. 

No it’s feeble defences such as yours that mean you’ll never be a great criminal lawyer Falkirk will never get out of league one.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Good on him. 

"I was in the kitchen, I bent over to tie my shoelaces and a passing van snagged my t-shirt.  and reached up to switch on the commercial-grade air extractor and was sucked into the ducting. Before I knew it, I was being dragged under the van for miles.  ejected from the flue at great speed and landed in a haystack outwith the prison walls. It wasn't my fault."

Untitled.jpg.ef2f8f16fd9844ca8d9c483f97005f5f.jpg

Just listened to Ade Edmundson on Desert Island Discs and they said Rick Mayall died in 2014. I was absolutely sure he died in the last year or so and it's doing my head in trying to think who I'm mistaking him for. Unless there was some anniversary or something. Any suggestions gratefully received.