Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, bennett said:

A possible new hero to rival Captain Tom.

Did he have the correct planning permission to plant that tree?

Also how long until some hilarious c**t cuts that tree down to watch people lose their shit all over again.

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

Did he have the correct planning permission to plant that tree?

Also how long until some hilarious c**t cuts that tree down to watch people lose their shit all over again.

Or a deer eats it.

Currently listening to a couple of auld farts wittering away. One of them has received an Amazon gift card and doesn't know what to do with it. The other one's solution was to give them a call and ask what they sell that he might want to buy  :blink:

Edit: things have taken a darker turn. Apparently "pakis" take your money in shops and don't run it through the till, so you don't get a receipt and can't return things  :blink:

Edited by BTFD

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Currently listening to a couple of auld farts wittering away. One of them has received an Amazon gift card and doesn't know what to do with it. The other one's solution was to give them a call and ask what they sell that he might want to buy  :blink:

Edit: things have taken a darker turn. Apparently "pakis" take your money in shops and don't run it through the till, so you don't get a receipt and can't return things  :blink:

Clearly a darker turn, as I remember that talk when it was newish in the early ‘70’s, and that apparently puts me dangerously close to the auld fart category.

Also noticed Apple’s autocorrect doing strange new things, like suggesting “cat agony” for “category”…

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

"Amazon might sell coffins which would suit you two,ya auld racist p***ks"

Me and Mrs MSU have been doing a Coronation Street podcast for a few years now, and as part of its Twitter account, I've been collecting various stupid clips, one of them being a series of characters being shocked, surprised, and terrified any time someone mentions London. I posted my latest addition to the collection on Friday and this one has blown up a bit, to what the kids I believe are calling "going virus". Viewed more than 3 million times through various shares and quotes and retweets and TikToks and stuff, and this morning, I discovered this had happened: 

14 minutes ago, MSU said:

Me and Mrs MSU have been doing a Coronation Street podcast for a few years now, and as part of its Twitter account, I've been collecting various stupid clips, one of them being a series of characters being shocked, surprised, and terrified any time someone mentions London. I posted my latest addition to the collection on Friday and this one has blown up a bit, to what the kids I believe are calling "going virus". Viewed more than 3 million times through various shares and quotes and retweets and TikToks and stuff, and this morning, I discovered this had happened: 

You know living in America is a chance to get away from that sort of shite.

Ban on single-use plastic cutlery comes into force in England - BBC News

Around 1.1 billion single-use plates and more than four billion pieces of plastic cutlery are used in England every year, government figures suggest.

This works out at 70 pieces of cutlery per person per year. I know big events - sport, festivals, etc - will skew this a bit but this seems very unlikely.

2 hours ago, MSU said:

Top work. I've been watchin a lot of Harry Hills TV Burp recently and this would fit in perfectly