Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

53 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Chinese caught in own trap.

I seen a thing the other day where undercovers police posing as drug dealers were arrested by undercover police, posing as drug users. 

Same vibes.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is this the one that starts with "This is a work of fiction. any similarities to persons living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

People seriously considering the accuracy of a book written five hundred years after supposed events, in comparison to other texts that were also written hundreds of years after.

People talking about the potential impact on religious teachings, as if they aren't regularly changed when convenient anyway, with millions of Americans currently finding Jesus and his liberal hippy-dippy outlook entirely incompatible with Christianity.

Talking about "keeping an open mind" while refusing to entertain the most obvious answer; that this is all a work of fiction, heavily edited and amended over centuries to suit the needs of the authors and readers.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

Is this the one that starts with "This is a work of fiction. any similarities to persons living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

No, that’s Trump’s bank loan applications.

On 02/10/2023 at 14:23, TxRover said:

Given some of the things I’ve seen in public restrooms around here, it’s possible.

Going to the toilets for a lie down is no less weird than going in them for a bath. Americans can't say "toilet" yet we're the repressed ones? Go figure*.

(American for "what's that all about?") 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Going to the toilets for a lie down is no less weird than going in them for a bath. Americans can't say "toilet" yet we're the repressed ones? Go figure*.

I might have related this story before, but I used to work in a hotel bar. An American couple enquired where the rest rooms were. I replied that we didn't have any. They looked appalled. 

Someone took me aside and explained that they meant the cludgie. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Toilet, littlest room, wc, lavvy, loo, john,  bog, the head  -  no wonder the Americans get confused. I know P & B can come up with other terms for a place to perform intimate bodily functions. 

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Toilet, littlest room, wc, lavvy, loo, john,  bog, the head  -  no wonder the Americans get confused. I know P & B can come up with other terms for a place to perform intimate bodily functions. 

The head is a new one on me

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You sometimes hear it on films. "I gotta hit the head". Apparently it's the word used for the toilet on a boat. Think I heard it from that boring bint Dent.

Cheers - I've possibly heard it used on films but would have associated it with something different albeit related.  

4 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The throne room, the crapper, the trap, pointing Percy at the Porcelain...