Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

The standard of 'comedy' on Radio Scotland is absolutely abysmal, and from what I've heard pre-OTB has been for some time.

How can the Comedy Unit group who came up with Still Game also be responsible the RS tripe (or is it just a case of having a long term contract whilst living off of former glories)?

It was Hemphill and Kiernan who came up with the idea and the scripts, no ?

Presumably 'The Comedy Unit' arranged the greenlighting and guided the production process ?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently there is a significant number of folk who claim to genuinely like that disgusting Kraft 'Mac and cheese' (the shite in the red box).

Baffling, the stuff is absolutely disgusting.

It tastes like hairspray. 

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

A seagull jobby just missed me by 18 inches. More importantly it missed my can of beer by 2 feet.

Thank Goodness Drinking GIF by Busch

Earlier in the year, I slowed down to check for traffic before crossing the road and a seagull decorated my shoe. It was like a flying white elephant shite.

Thank you, David Prowse.

I have a job that's been rolling temp for 2 and a half years. Managers great and gets me and my MH.

Contracts haven't been extended but I've been offered 12 month to perm elsewhere

Was all great and Noe my anxiety kicking off.

I know the Japanese worker/boss relationship is very deferential but this is crazy.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/31/business/japan-workers-resignation-agencies-intl-hnk/index.html

Workers in Japan can’t quit their jobs. They hire resignation experts to help

I wonder how the Japanese economy will be impacted once younger people reject this form of indentured employment.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know the Japanese worker/boss relationship is very deferential but this is crazy.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/31/business/japan-workers-resignation-agencies-intl-hnk/index.html

I wonder how the Japanese economy will be impacted once younger people reject this form of indentured employment.

Surely the government will just tighten up labour laws to bring the younger generations in line with the needs of business, whether they like it or not.

Lovely to imagine a world where business existed to serve the needs of ordinary people though, isn't it.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I teach Japanese (the people, not the language) and a couple of years ago one of my students (who ran his own business) described exactly the above and, even more crazily, the guy was sat next to him when the resignation expert called! 

Beyond weird.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I teach Japanese (the people, not the language) and a couple of years ago one of my students (who ran his own business) described exactly the above and, even more crazily, the guy was sat next to him when the resignation expert called! 

Beyond weird.

"He thinks you're a cùnt and he can get more money elsewhere, so f**k you"!